Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our New Dingy

Well we did it, the DW & I bought a new Ford Edge to use as an alternate dingy when we don’t want/need to drag my Tacoma. Ford has delayed releasing the 2015 Edge until just now. We were waiting for the 2015's to arrive so that we could test drive one. As it turned out, we both thought the 15's looked better online than they did in person. The 3.5L engine is the same as the 2014 model, as is the interior for the most part. They do have some nifty options that weren’t available on the 14's, but we like the overall looks of the 14's better. Couple that with huge discounts on the 14's and the decision was fairly simple. We drove away with a 2014 Edge Limited AWD. We absolutely love it!

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2015, 07:06 PM   #2

So, you want to sell the Tacoma, tell me about it.

Davidallenkent@comcast.net

Olympia
KAMPURR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:09 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMPURR View Post
So, you want to sell the Tacoma

Sorry, she's a keeper!

Craig

Old 04-11-2015, 08:18 AM   #4

I'm curious about your Tacoma. What year and model? I flat tow my '06 Tacoma 2WD automatic with a drives haft disconnect . I want a new crew cab 4WD Tacoma and I'm still seeking solutions to flat tow it.
Scoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoz View Post
I'm curious about your Tacoma. What year and model? I flat tow my '06 Tacoma 2WD automatic with a drives haft disconnect . I want a new crew cab 4WD Tacoma and I'm still seeking solutions to flat tow it.
Why can't you just put a ds disconnect on the new Tacoma? I just did my 2013 Xterra 4wd. The Xterra is a bit of a pain as it has a factory cv joint instead of a u-joint at the rear diff but I think the Tacoma has a u-joint. I had Dave at Driveshaft King (in Dallas) build the driveshaft and machine an adapter for the rear diff. He did a super job. Several other places around as well that are capable.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:00 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I'm curious about your Tacoma. What year and model? I flat tow my '06 Tacoma 2WD automatic with a drives haft disconnect
It's an '07 double cab. I also use a driveshaft disconnect. I love my Tacoma, it's been one of the most trouble-free vehicles I have ever owned. I just had my very first repair since I've owned it - the climate control blower quit. Not bad after 8 years of ownership.

Craig

Old 04-11-2015, 02:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Man View Post
It's an '07 double cab. I also use a driveshaft disconnect. I love my Tacoma, it's been one of the most trouble-free vehicles I have ever owned. I just had my very first repair since I've owned it - the climate control blower quit. Not bad after 8 years of ownership.

Craig
Had a '98 Tacoma Xtracab Limited 4wd that I used as a toad for many years. Now my son has it. Looks a little long in the tooth but it's still going strong. Great trucks.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:50 AM   #8

Craig, is your '07 a Prerunner or 4WD? I also agree with the others, most trouble free vehicle I've ever owned.
Scoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:30 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Craig, is your '07 a Prerunner or 4WD? I also agree with the others, most trouble free vehicle I've ever owned.

I didn't see the need for the 4wd model since it has to be modified to tow the same as the 2wd. The 4wd was more expensive plus it weighs more, so I went with the 2wd Prerunner.

Craig

Old 04-19-2015, 08:05 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Beautiful car, tow or not! Best wishes to you, we are still trying to decide....
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote