Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2020, 06:30 AM   #15

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Another E trailer customer. There support, fitment guides and videos are worth a couple extra bucks for me. I have set up 2 different toads with parts from them without problems. I did mix and match a couple of different brands and they said it would all work together and it did very well.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2020, 11:07 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Etrailer is needed and I will buy from them 100% of the time if they have what I need. Their customer service is unmatched in my experience.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:10 PM   #17

Gulf Streamers Club
Etrailer price match has worked for me several times in the past, most recently about a month ago when I ordered new lights for my utility trailer rebuild. Just shop around for the best price and copy the addresses down and then order from Etrailer.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:15 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Pricing for Toad hookup - Amazon vs Etrailer.com etc.

I have always liked etrailer too but not too happy right now. I ordered some blue ox parts online. It said both parts were in stock. I got an email an hour later that said order taken and order packaged. Waiting to ship. Next day order not shipped but tracking still said it would be. I called and was told nope it will be a week or two. That didn’t work for me so I canceled order but no confirmation of that yet. It the worse service I have had from them.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:28 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
Etrailer is needed and I will buy from them 100% of the time if they have what I need. Their customer service is unmatched in my experience.
Agree. I have outfitted 2 CRVs and used eTrailer due to their support and great videos. I too have taken advantage of their price match and very satisfied.
I will continue to do price comparisons but buy from eTrailer.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 10:46 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Pricing for Toad hookup - Amazon vs Etrailer.com etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaone View Post
I have always liked etrailer too but not too happy right now. I ordered some blue ox parts online. It said both parts were in stock. I got an email an hour later that said order taken and order packaged. Waiting to ship. Next day order not shipped but tracking still said it would be. I called and was told nope it will be a week or two. That didn’t work for me so I canceled order but no confirmation of that yet. It the worse service I have had from them.

So etrailer didn’t cancel the order yesterday. Instead they shipped it direct from Blue ox Today I got a notice from blue ox they had shipped on Fed ex and should be here tomorrow by 8:00 pm which still works for me. Glad I didn’t order elsewhere. Would have been nice if they had informed me. But hey, I will be glad to get the parts before leave on long trip Friday. Thursday just one day later than originally told but I hated getting told different dates for three days.
Old 06-24-2020, 05:32 PM   #21

Be very careful when dealing with Etrailer
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 06:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Be very careful when dealing with Etrailer
Do you have something to contribute or just want to leave us hanging?
I've had nothing but good experiences and it sounds like others have as well.
???
Old 06-25-2020, 08:33 PM   #23

I set up 4 vehicles using etrailer the first 3 were very good. Late last year I purchased Roadmaster equip to tow Chevrolet Equinox. Everything was fine. Approx 2 months ago I purchased Roadmaster equip to tow a 2019 Jeep Wrangler. I installed the base plate then discovered the attachment to the tow bar was incorrect. It should have been simple to exchange two attachments. After talking with 4 different people at etrailer and writing them a letter they would not assist. No one I talked with seemed knowledgeable about my towbar which was totally different from previous purchases. I was able to use the parts from my Equinox. I can purchase the correct parts from Roadmaster for Approx $180.00. I was really shocked that Etrailer would not exchange the incorrect twist lock arms to match other equipment purchased from Etrailer which I referenced.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:32 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaone View Post
So etrailer didn’t cancel the order yesterday. Instead they shipped it direct from Blue ox Today I got a notice from blue ox they had shipped on Fed ex and should be here tomorrow by 8:00 pm which still works for me. Glad I didn’t order elsewhere. Would have been nice if they had informed me. But hey, I will be glad to get the parts before leave on long trip Friday. Thursday just one day later than originally told but I hated getting told different dates for three days.

Items arrived yesterday. I am happy with them again.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:06 PM   #25

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
This is a very timely discussion for me because I’m looking to move away from a dolly. I’ve watched the eTrailer videos for installing everything on a CR-V or an Equinox and it looks reasonably uncomplicated. I’ll have to buy a few tools and do not have a lift but I’m not seeing anything I could not tackle.

So my question is a bit different but related. When you have a company install everything for you they get the markup on the equipment and they get the labor. But I do not get the equipment at a discount so that narrows the difference.

So where do most people draw the line between doing it all yourself or paying for someone to do the whole setup?

The eTrailer parts are right at $3,000 and the few quotes I have are around $4,500. The brakes and lighting are things I’m comfortable with doing but the baseplate would be new. I am capable, though it will take me a few days longer and I might break some stuff...
I saved about $1,000 doing everything myself - the base plate on the CRV is a piece of cake.

The hardest part of the job is getting all the "tupperware" off the CRV and back on. The snap buttons that hold it on in places are brittle but you can get 25 new ones from Amazon for like $6.00 so no big deal. The CRV wiring under the dash is a PIA because it's such a small area and contorting yourself under there to wire stuff will make you sore for a few days.
deputydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:44 PM   #26

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Follow up on Price match at Etrailer.com

Well, I submitted my price match info to Etrailer.com. I have to say I am impressed. I was expecting a dog fight to get anything back but within 1/2 day I got a response back that they were issuing a credit to my charge card for $247.83.

There was one item that I found a better price on Amazon that they said they could not confirm so I did not get a credit for that. It would have saved me another $100 but when I rechecked the link at Amazon the price had increased over $110.

My advice on this is if you find a significant price difference on Amazon go ahead and buy it because that price may not be valid an hour from now so you won't get a price match. I've seen this a lot on Amazon. Prices seem to change by the minute.

With other vendors that don't change their prices so often Etrailer will absolutely no questions asked give you the price match. Very impressed with their service!
deputydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:24 PM   #27

If you don't like paying sales tax (we all pay it on our tax returns right). The same products are available and the same price from this Oregon company. They have good customer service.

https://www.rvcampchamp.com/4-Wheel-...iAAEgIKbvD_BwE
Old 07-15-2020, 05:38 PM   #28

I haven't found other dealers that provide install info and videos that come close to what eTrailer does.
Isn't that worth something?
I have used their price match but would rather throw my $ to a dealer that provides that kind of services to RVers at no cost.

Tags
toad, trailer