Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-02-2021, 10:39 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ready Brake Elite II Arm Not Unlocking

After completing a 300 mile drive today I unhooked the Ready Brake from the toad. One arm would unlock and slide into the receiver. The other arm remained locked in the fully extended position and would not retract. Also, the arm usually spins freely inside the receiver, however, it does not spin either.

This is a new tow bar (3 months old) and Iíve towed with it several times. Mine has a ďTĒ handle which you pull up on to release the arm so it will retract.

Iíll call NSA on Tuesday but was hoping to get this resolved before we leave here on Monday. Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you!
Grower15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2021, 03:52 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Mine will get a little sticky once in awhile. A little pressure in or out while pulling the T usually gets it moving. I sometimes have to twist the T back and forth a few times while pulling on it to get it to move.
Old 07-03-2021, 05:50 PM   #3

Same as dizcom said. Plus turn T-handle around and around about 100 times.
Did this to mine when it was new and no more problems. Just new and tight tolerances.
ROUGHRIDER3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:43 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thank you for the suggestions. Iíll keep working on it!
Old 07-07-2021, 11:53 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just close this question out, I called NSA and spoke with one of their techs (he was very helpful). There are two set screws (located mid way )one on each side of the two tubes that tow bar slides in and out of. These set screws need to be flush with the tube and secured with blue (non permanent) locktite. One of my set screws was at least a 1/16th of an inch inside the tube, causing the arm to bind. Once I backed it out, the arm slid in and out normally. My Ready Brute Elite II was built in 2021. Iím not sure if older models are the same.
Old 07-07-2021, 12:24 PM   #6

Not that this is here nor there, but I’ve found it best to unlock the arms prior to unhooking the towed vehicle, taking the pressure off the bumper pins.

Tags
brake, ready brake