RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:42 PM   #1

Ready Brute

I am going to be towing a 2005 Jeep Wrangler and have decided on the NSA tow bar with the ready brake. I have looked at Blue ox and other and really like the NSA with the intergrated brake. The question is where to buy. Who has the best deal and service. Where did you get yours?
gmc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2020, 07:53 PM   #2

I bought my Readi Brake online. Same with cable kit for the new Jeep.
They're good.
TexasJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:08 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I got mine online at RV Upgrade Store
Old 05-01-2020, 09:52 PM   #4

NSA is having a special on the Ready Brute Elite. Thats what I use to pull my LJR.

Give Xavier at NSA a call and see what kind of deal you can make on the RBE. This is the first generation model. Aluminum, about 40 lbs. Rated for 8000#. They can build any clevis you want so you can hook directly to the recovery points of a rated bumper or i stall a baseplate from Currie or Blue Ox or whoever and hook to the baseplate. It takes different adaptor clevises depending on which baseplate/bumper you go with.

I have a Smittybilt bumper and I tow directly from the recovery/shackle points.

The RBE is fantastic and IMO the best style towbar to use with a gas powered coach and a Wrangler. Nothing compares for simplicity, security, ease of use, proportional, value.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:54 PM   #5

Got my RBE from Amazon. They had the best price I could find at that time ( about 2 years ago). I'm using it with a Currie baseplate on a 2004 Wrangler. YMMV.
johninsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 06:43 PM   #6

Thanks for all the info. I will call nsa tomorrow. I know that I can put an after market bumper on and tow from that but I was wondering why I could not reinforce the stock bumper with 3/16 steel brackets from the frame to the bumper and use 45 degree gusset to strengthen and pull from stock bumper.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:10 PM   #7

I want to thank everyone for response on this subject for me. I spoke with Smittybilt and then Xavier at NSA and that is what I will be going with. Smittybilt VSR bumper and Readybrute. That seems to be the best way and also the most economical way to go.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninsd View Post
Got my RBE from Amazon. They had the best price I could find at that time ( about 2 years ago). I'm using it with a Currie baseplate on a 2004 Wrangler. YMMV.
X2 here. I have Blue Ox baseplate on my 2008 JKS
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:54 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
For what it's worth, I installed a Blue Ox base plate and adaptors on a Cobalt manual to mate with the Redi Brute Nightwatch (probably out-of-production model) tow bar that came with the coach I bought; use a Patriot brake. Works well.
Urban Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote