Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2020, 12:55 PM   #1

Ready Brute Elite II Tow Bar/Brake

We just moved from the 5er world to a 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X. We will be towing a 2007 Hummer H3. I found this tow bar that has surge braking made by NSA RV Products. Is any one familiar with this one? If so, does the surge brake work well. I'm planning on using the Demco classic tow brackets that take the place of the tow hooks on the front.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2020, 05:13 PM   #2

I have not used the ready brute but that is the way I was going before I found a used Blue Ox at very good price. I have on order the Ready brake and Ready stop which should be here tomorrow. I looked at all the mfg's tow bars and felt the Ready brute was the best bang for the buck.
gmc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:42 PM   #3

Ready Brute Elite II Tow Bar/Brake

I have the ready brute elite to tow bar, and have towed it from Ohio to Florida twice it functions great. I installed the braking system myself, however might be wise to have someone do it if you’re not familiar with mechanical things. Very simple system that does require removal of the facia on the tow vehicle and usually some interesting routing as well as drilling through the firewall. Without a lift it could be complicated. As far as its functionality works great. Would buy it again.
Joman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:57 PM   #4

Actually online doing some research as we speak, considering upgrading to a 12,000 pound capacity Hercules tow bar by NSA. I may be in the market to sell my existing ready brute two. As I said only a few tows to Florida. Let me know if you’re interested maybe we can work something out. I am looking into towing a 2020 Duramax 2500, it is right at the 8000 pound limit, thinking it might just be easier to go to the 12,000 pound and be able to load the truck.
Joman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:59 PM   #5

Been pulling my Ram 1500 for 7 years with mine. No issues and satisfied with it’s performance
Old 08-16-2020, 06:11 PM   #6

I have been towing a '13 CR-V with a Ready Brute Elite for 7 years. Have made many trips over the Cascades, Siskiyous, Sierra, and Rockies. No problem with the surge brakes; they work well in the mountains.

A couple of years ago the arms seemed to be getting loose in the joints and I couldn't get the bolts any tighter. I shipped it back to NSA. They rebuilt it and shipped it back with no charge.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:54 PM   #7

Thanks for all the replies. I'm definitely leaning this way.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joman View Post
Actually online doing some research as we speak, considering upgrading to a 12,000 pound capacity Hercules tow bar by NSA. I may be in the market to sell my existing ready brute two. As I said only a few tows to Florida. Let me know if you’re interested maybe we can work something out. I am looking into towing a 2020 Duramax 2500, it is right at the 8000 pound limit, thinking it might just be easier to go to the 12,000 pound and be able to load the truck.
Sending you a PM with my info.
Old 08-17-2020, 10:36 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We've been using the ReadyBrute Elite (not the Elite II) since 2012 and love it. The built-in ReadyBrake seems to work well. The lifetime warranty is nice too!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 01:10 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
The lifetime warranty is nice too!
Every time I see the above statement I recall a cartoon I saw in a magazine probably 40 or more years ago: a customer was talking to a service rep, saying "But it has a lifetime warranty!" and the service rep responds "Yes, but it's dead now!"

Not saying the NSA warranty is useless - we use a Ready Brute Elite also - just think it's funny!
Old 08-17-2020, 02:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
Every time I see the above statement I recall a cartoon I saw in a magazine probably 40 or more years ago: a customer was talking to a service rep, saying "But it has a lifetime warranty!" and the service rep responds "Yes, but it's dead now!"

Not saying the NSA warranty is useless - we use a Ready Brute Elite also - just think it's funny!
Reminds me when I sold garage doors, years ago and the company we represented had a Decade line that was warranted for 10 years. They did a study which showed most people lived in a house 7 years before moving. They changed their warranty to “as long as you own your home” playing the law of averages.
rconkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, tow