Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #15
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
The later version is a one piece with a center swivel, the older version is a two peace connected with large bolt, washers and Nylock nut that is pinned. The bolt, nut, washers and Nylon spacers were all fine but the Aluminum couplers were having metal fatigue. I was very lucky that my wife notice that the Jeep was swerving, she has a rear camera screen that I added so she could see the cars and truck coming from behind, My rear center screen tilts toward the driver. Again I'm not here to trying to say NSA is a bad company. There just is no warranty.
i said a few weeks ago that the fatigue characteristic of aluminum is very poor (as oppose to steel) http://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/ready...-299032-3.html at #30. i know saying that wouldn't sound as pleasant as complimentary to the ears of readybrute owners. but it is a fact! no matter how one would wish for the otherwise.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2016, 05:45 PM   #16

Drifter,

How was your tow bar repaired? Did NSA do the repairs or send you the parts. What parts were replaced? If you have pictures of the repairs I would like to see them. Safe travels.
Lakehouse 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:57 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Readybrake Coupler Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakehouse 2 View Post
Drifter,

How was your tow bar repaired? Did NSA do the repairs or send you the parts. What parts were replaced? If you have pictures of the repairs I would like to see them. Safe travels.

X2 on what parts needed to be replaced. Also how old was this unit, one month 1 year ? I purchased mine in March and wonder if I need to start looking at something.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had to buy a new ReadyBrake with the coupler and attach it to my old arms. Also had to make a new cable because the new coupler is about five inches longer. I have the old coupler that I took off and I will take pictures and post.
Hopefully the new parts will work as well as the old. The old version was used for 48000 miles over eight years. The major problem is that there is no warranty. So beware

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:51 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Readybrake Coupler Failure

Good deal the pictures will be helpful. Also thanks for the post regarding your experience. This type of info is what iRV2 is all about. Maybe this post does not apply to everyone but it sure doesn't hurt to go check your tow bar. While myself like many others enjoy my tow bar I am also disappointed with the NSA Ready Brake response and now wonder just what does their warranty cover.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:59 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Hope the ready brake people are reading this thread. I purchased the ready brute because I viewed Drifters setup and have been recommending the system because of price and the positive operation. But now what appears to be a no warrentee, warrentee, hmmm.
I still think it's a great tow/braking system but the warrentee problem is very disappointing.

LEN
Old 09-02-2016, 09:55 AM   #21
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
There seems to be a HUGE misunderstanding here! I just got off the phone with Todd, who is the owner, at NSA Products. I told him about the discussion going on here and asked for his explanation on it.

Todd told me that they DO honor the lifetime warranty on this problem. When anyone calls in with this problem, they tell the customer to send the towbars back to NSA for refurbishing at NO CHARGE! They repair the U-joint using a larger bolt. The customer has the option to upgrade to the new unit if they don't want to return the old one for repairs. Todd told me that if the customer wants to upgrade to the new unit that he will give them a huge discount off the $417.50 price. He sold one to a customer last week for $250!

Todd said that anyone who would like to discuss this is welcome to call him personally at 620-365-7714.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:22 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
MSHC...I talked with Todd at length before we purchased our unit. I'm glad you called him and got an explanation to what must've been an unfortunate misunderstanding.

I hope the OP with the problem will get back in contact with him, because I can't see them being anything but an honest company.
NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA 455593, WIT 170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:26 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
There seems to be a HUGE misunderstanding here! I just got off the phone with Todd, who is the owner, at NSA Products. I told him about the discussion going on here and asked for his explanation on it.

Todd told me that they DO honor the lifetime warranty on this problem. When anyone calls in with this problem, they tell the customer to send the towbars back to NSA for refurbishing at NO CHARGE! They repair the U-joint using a larger bolt. The customer has the option to upgrade to the new unit if they don't want to return the old one for repairs. Todd told me that if the customer wants to upgrade to the new unit that he will give them a huge discount off the $417.50 price. He sold one to a customer last week for $250!

Todd said that anyone who would like to discuss this is welcome to call him personally at 620-365-7714.
I'm one of their customers too and have to say, "Now THAT'S how you run a business!"
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:33 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon190 View Post
I'm one of their customers too and have to say, "Now THAT'S how you run a business!"

Very pleased to hear this and thanks for the update and info.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #25

well i guess there on my list again!!
Old 09-02-2016, 12:47 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Update, I talked to Todd at NSA and reminded him that when I had my failure problem that I was told that my only option was to purchase the new style coupler unit, He now says that I could sent my whole unit back they would have repaired it, that was not offered to me. I told him that he should stand up and fix the old units without trying to make money off of a warranty items he said that he would do so, also I told him that wasn't asking for any money back or anything else. All I wanted was for him to respect the stated Warranty. Hopefully he will comply.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:51 PM   #27
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the update Mike! I really feel that Todd is a good guy that stands behind his products. You must have gotten someone that didn't have his information straight!

Hope everything works out to your satisfaction now! Keep us informed!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:09 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Joe, Todd sold me the Unit.