Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2022, 05:53 PM   #1

Exclamation ReadyBrake+NSA Break-Away Cable Install FORD 2021 F-150

Hello All…

I’m getting my Flat-Tow setup finished on my 2021 Ford F-150 Platinum/Hybrid and I’ve got a question/concern for the installation of the cable for both the NSA ReadyBrake and their Ready-Stop BreakAway system.

Logic tells me that the BreakAway cable should be installed “Above” the Ready Brake cable so that there’s noting interfering with the “Loop” and the Ready Brake cable would go below..? Now that’s if my “Logic/Mental Picture” is correct! Ha

Another question I have is if the BreakAway cable can just be attached to the same block as the ReadyBrake on the pedal..? This is my daily driver so I just want it to be both neat and safe while towing.

If anyone has any Ford F-150 specific pictures that can be shared, I’d really appreciate that as I’m trying to get things wrapped up tomorrow so I can get out and do a road test.

I wish NSA would provide a little more specific pictures with their most popular or even their most crowded installs to make things a little easier. I plan on sending them images of what I end up doing to help the cause…LoL

Thanks Ahead
!
Chief6722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2022, 07:51 PM   #2

Both of my cables are attached to the same bracket.
Pick up the phone and call NSA. They have really great customer service.
You may have a dealer/installer near you that can also help out.
Old 05-22-2022, 01:11 AM   #3

Chief6722 may I ask what base plate you used on your 2021 F150 and did you install it yourself?

Thanks
wqmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 08:41 AM   #4

On our NSA breakaway, we use a separate block at the pedal but as long as there’s no binding, I think one would be ok.

As for the cable to pull the breakaway, ours hangs low and needs plenty slack. If not, it could pull your pedal and apply your brakes. This happened to us trying to maneuver in a tight parking lot. It pulled the cable enough to start applying the brakes, so have it adjusted properly.

I think that routing the cable between coach and towed vehicle will be dictated by where it exits your base plate.
Country Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:00 AM   #5

Not F150 but I used the same bracket for both the brake and emergency brake. Ran a loop as suggested for emergency brake. It’s pretty clean near the brake pedal. Used some electrical tape to make sure the emergency brake loop stays a loop.
Fushux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, cable, ford, install