Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2017, 09:59 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
According to this article https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...ican-made-suvs, the Chevy Equinox and Ford Edge are both assembled in Canada. I didn't bother looking any others up, but feel free.

Personally, I think the notion of any cars/trucks/SUVs being "made in America" was overtaken by events long ago. Now RVs, on the other hand ...
Crabby Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2017, 10:10 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
CR-V not domestic, but thanks, yes a popular toad.
Quote:
Honda began producing the CR-V in Sayama, Japan, and Swindon, UK, for worldwide markets, adding North American manufacturing sites in East Liberty, Ohio, in 2007; El Salto, Jalisco, Mexico, in late 2007 (ended in early 2017); Alliston, Ontario, Canada, in 2012; and Greensburg, Indiana in February 2017
Seems like the CR-V is now produced in the US now! Too bad they are no longer towable though.

Some years ago the State of WA passed a law requiring that the state only buy vehicles made in the US. Before that time we, the WSDOT inspectors, got Dodge vans to use. After the law went into effect we could only get Toyota p/u's. The Toyota's were made in the US and the Dodge vans came from Canada. Two years later they rescinded the law.
So many parts are made offshore you can't really tell anymore.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:59 PM   #17

We recently purchased a Chevy Equinox LT and just finished towing it behind our motor home for about 2,000 miles. No negative issues towing and we really like the Equinox. We get around 30 mpg while driving around town. We got the fwd 4 cylinder turbo.
KeysVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysVal View Post
We recently purchased a Chevy Equinox LT and just finished towing it behind our motor home for about 2,000 miles. No negative issues towing and we really like the Equinox. We get around 30 mpg while driving around town. We got the fwd 4 cylinder turbo.

Forgot to mention it is a brand new 2018 model.
KeysVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:17 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We seem to go through this every year. We start longing for a toad with good road manners so we start looking around. Then we realize it would mean taking on payments (the Vibe is paid for, (yea I know it is half Toyota, but is is also half Pontiac)), and then we remember how much we enjoy taking the CJ7 with its bikini top and no doors over the Cortez bridge from the Holiday Cove RV Resort and out onto Anna Maria Island every day in November, March and April (the warm dry months in FL). And every day we get a complements on the "nice Jeep". So we stick it out for another year. I could put a grand into it every year and still come out ahead.

I mentioned domestic, not just being assembled in North America, but by a North American company. You get a different viewpoint when your FIL worked for GM Truck and Coach for 40 years and you see what globalization has done to cities like Pontiac and Flint, both just over a half hour drive. Frustrating how many seem to believe that domestic vehicles aren't good enough for them. The 1970's and 1980's soured a lot of people on quality and they still go back to that as a reason to buy from non-domestic car companies. But I have come to realize there are a lot of valid reasons that folks buy non-domestic, and I am OK with that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7570.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	169610  
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:04 AM   #20
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We love our Honda 2013 CRV AWD!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote