Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2015, 12:59 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
REMCO Pumps discontinuing Lube Pumps

I talked to RVPro in Vancouver Wa today about getting a Remco lube pump put on our 2005 Chrysler minivan today. They said Remco got bought out and that they are discontinuing making the lube pumps since they are having so many issues with them.

Truth or hearsay???
gregd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2015, 02:30 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Remco's website shows none of that information. I looked up a kit for a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country, went as far as check out and didn't get any cautions or warning it wasn't available.

Lube Pump Kit Assembly

Description : This kit includes all wiring and fluid connections for car and motorhome. It is for Chrysler Corp. Common Transmissions - 3, 4, & 5-Speeds - 6-Hour Installation Not Included
Part Number : LP-BK01-002
Price : $1265.00

Store : Remco

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:34 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Remco's website shows none of that information. I looked up a kit for a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country, went as far as check out and didn't get any cautions or warning it wasn't available.

I know...I did the same. I just talked to CW and they said they can still get them.

I call HERESAY and it bugs me that a shop would say such a thing. REMCO website has that shop listed as a dealer...they may want to re-think that!

~Greg
gregd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #4
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregd View Post
I talked to RVPro in Vancouver Wa today about getting a Remco lube pump put on our 2005 Chrysler minivan today. They said Remco got bought out and that they are discontinuing making the lube pumps since they are having so many issues with them.

Truth or hearsay???
The part about "bought out" may be true. Several years ago the owner visited with me about setting up an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) as his exit strategy. Thought it too complicated and expensive for him at the time. Don't know what eventually happened. All I know is that he wanted to sell and retire.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:03 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Remco Lube pumps are well made however like anything made by man it is possible for them to fail.. Over the years they have made it harder and harder for them to fail without warning you though.

In addition some installers .. Well.. Some installers need to go back to installer school.

On my Lube Pump there was a problem.. however it manisfested in the dealer's lot during post-install testing and was corrected by the dealer before I pulled out. This is an installer that knows his business. (American RV, Burton, MI) he did a good and proper job of testing.

And yes, it was a manufacturing defect (of the umbilical cord).
Old 07-21-2015, 07:19 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Remco was sold, and the business was split between lube pumps and drive shaft disconnects. Those are now handled by two different companies.

Remco lube pumps is now part of a bigger company that makes many different pumps, industrial, agricultural uses, etc. It appears to me that the lube pump business is now a lower priority operation than when Remco was only in the towing business. Fewer applications seem to be offered, and less info about them is provided online. For many vehicles it says "Call - we may have a pump for your need".

That's just my perception...
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:28 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregd View Post

Truth or hearsay???
Remco sold the pump business years ago. I worked at RVPro for a short time keeping the parts dept. open on Saturdays.
RVPro also adds about 30% to list price. A RoadMaster kit that listed for $129 they wanted $179 for. I drove over to RoadMaster and got it direct.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote