RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-28-2020, 09:20 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Skip426's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Powell River, B.C.
Posts: 20,763
Remco Towing Shutting down Oct.1

Just back from the Remco towing site ; looking for a pressure switch ;and saw a notice stating the shut down of towing product production.
Just when my lube pump appears to be failing ; after 10 years.

Towing – Remco
__________________
99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2020, 11:31 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
lllkrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,707
This is no big surprise. They priced themselves out of business years ago. There just isn't that much demand for their products anymore.
__________________
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD V6
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:22 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
 
Gary RVRoamer's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Silver Springs, FL. USA
Posts: 23,048
It's too bad, since the lack of new towable vehicles and the prevalence of FWD might bring about a resurgence in demand just a they bail out of the market. But the cost of the pump + installation is a killer factor that really limits sales.
__________________
Gary Brinck
Former owner of 2004 American Tradition and several other RVs
Home is in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:16 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
hoosierrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Just back from the Remco towing site ; looking for a pressure switch ;and saw a notice stating the shut down of towing product production.
Just when my lube pump appears to be failing ; after 10 years.

Towing Remco
You can get an equivalent pressure switch from NAPA. I actually switched to the NAPA switch a few years ago. The terminals are a little different (I think spade lugs instead of screws). I'm keeping a couple of spare used pumps around just in case.
__________________
2016 Leisure Travel Vans - Serenty
Toad - 2009 RAV4, 2WD with Remco Lube pump
hoosierrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:07 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Skip426's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Powell River, B.C.
Posts: 20,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierrun View Post
You can get an equivalent pressure switch from NAPA. I actually switched to the NAPA switch a few years ago. The terminals are a little different (I think spade lugs instead of screws). I'm keeping a couple of spare used pumps around just in case.
Thanks hoosierrun , I do have the NAPA P/N ( Balkamp BK 7011575 ) no local stock , and from the pictures , I can't tell if the new part is adjustable , factory was 4 psi. and Remco use was 3 psi . Required turning the set screw 1/4 turn to achieve . Local NAPA is looking for answers; as they consider it a non returnable item .
Were you able to adjust yours , or just install it ?
__________________
99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:19 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
hoosierrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Thanks hoosierrun , I do have the NAPA P/N ( Balkamp BK 7011575 ) no local stock , and from the pictures , I can't tell if the new part is adjustable , factory was 4 psi. and Remco use was 3 psi . Required turning the set screw 1/4 turn to achieve . Local NAPA is looking for answers; as they consider it a non returnable item .
Were you able to adjust yours , or just install it ?
Yes, I have adjusted it a couple of times. I have to keep it on the lower side to keep my monitor from alarming, especially if it is cold outside.
__________________
2016 Leisure Travel Vans - Serenty
Toad - 2009 RAV4, 2WD with Remco Lube pump
hoosierrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:25 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Skip426's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Powell River, B.C.
Posts: 20,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierrun View Post
Yes, I have adjusted it a couple of times. I have to keep it on the lower side to keep my monitor from alarming, especially if it is cold outside.
Thanks . I'll order the part .

A couple of times I've had to run the van to warm up the fluid; frosty mornings in Jackpot NV; one would think that cold ATF would produce more pressure .
__________________
99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tow, towing



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oct 31 build date, mid Oct paint for 2015 seeg Entegra Owner's Forum 10 07-16-2015 08:56 AM
Tranny lube of 4-down (aka: REMCO pump) Robi.1014 Monaco Owner's Forum 0 07-19-2012 09:47 AM
Generator shutting down at 1/4 fuel tank. Is that ok? GTHill Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 9 06-28-2009 01:47 PM
Generator shutting down jerry davis Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 12 07-24-2007 03:02 PM
towing 4 wheels down with remco jdsr Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 8 03-09-2005 03:01 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.