RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-16-2019, 12:08 PM   #1

Remco transmission pump kit in Canada

Hi guy's, Wicksy here, wanting to tow my convertible behind the Motor home, all four wheels down. Requires a transmission pump, so as not to damage anything. Remco make a kit for this, but appear not to have any dealers in Canada, or specifically near Calgary, Alberta. Am I wrong? Surely other Canadians have used these products, anyone know where to get a kit from? Nearest dealer to me listed, is in Sweetwater Montana. Appreciate any input on towing 4 wheels down, using blue ox tow apparatus and getting a Remco transmission kit in Canada.
WICKSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2019, 12:21 PM   #2

Have you called Remco?
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:51 PM   #3

Thanks for getting in touch Arcaguy, yes have enquired with Remco for direct supply, they use a dealership program, which means they want to up sell install. Am going to get in touch with the Sweetwater dealer, see if they will sell kit only and ship. Looked at the youtube of install, did not appear to very difficult.
WICKSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:33 PM   #4

Welcome to rving. I just ordered a whole slew of parts for my rv. Almost all of them came from the USA. Do your wallet a favour, and just order it online from the US. I saved $500 on just an oil pan ordering it myself stateside. I don't helping local shops, but pay almost $800 for an oil pan is nuts. I got it for $200 US delivered.

Tags
ada, canada, transmission