Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #1

rock guardian installation

Good morning...Went from 5th wheel to motor home and had Falcon 2 All Terrain tow bar installed. Considering buying Rock Guardian and according to service/parts department i don't need additional accessory to install. However, i cant see how it to affix it to the bar. Before I make a fool of myself and ask the tech, any advice would be helpful. checked Road Master site, you tube and no help. Thanks
Sloride is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #2

The Mounting brackets go on the quick disconnect. Pull the two bolts and replace them with the new bolts that came with the Guardian. The Safety plate goes over the mounting bracket. I know thats not real clear E Mail me and I will send a installation Instruction sheet. I just bought the display at a hitch place for 350 but have not put it on yet.
phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #3

Google Roadmaster Guardian installation and the pdf is first on the list.
phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have your same setup. I use the Tow Defender to protect my car. Works great. And installs easily. The only drawback is that dust / dirt from the road still escapes through the netting in the rain, but no rocks/gravel/etc.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #5

Thanks. Found the installation manual on Roadmaster web site
Old 08-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #6

Thanks to all who responded to my post. New start with motorhome and learning the tricks of the trade.. Great web site