Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2016, 03:41 PM   #1

RVI braking system

Just purchased a IRV2 braking system. I can't seem to pair up my car and the unit in the RV together. Anyone else have the same problem or a solution?
djcga80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2016, 04:08 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Are you trying to pair the TPMS?
I don't pair my iRV braking system. I just hook up and go.
I have the TPMS but it will not pair anymore and I haven't contacted them yet for a solution.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:25 AM   #3

Mine mated right up with no problems. Have almost 10,000 miles on it now.
Give the people at RVI2 a call. Their great about helping you out and really care about their customers and service. Maybe able to get you going with just phone help.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:14 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcga80 View Post
Just purchased a IRV2 braking system. I can't seem to pair up my car and the unit in the RV together. Anyone else have the same problem or a solution?
I had the same problem with my first unit. I gave them a call and they sent me a new unit with a prepaid shipping label to send the other one back. The second one has worked perfectly for over a year.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:54 PM   #5

If I plugged the remote into power after I activated the system in my toad it did not pair. If I first power the remote in the coach and then activate the system in my toad it pairs. Not really sure what normal behavior should be but this has been my experience to date.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:52 AM   #6

Thanks for all the information - we contacted the company and they also helped me get the issue straightened out.
djcga80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:43 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcga80 View Post
Thanks for all the information - we contacted the company and they also helped me get the issue straightened out.
And so, what was the solution? Its helpful to explain what was the issue so we can all learn.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:14 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had sent the monitor unit back after I inadvertently snapped off the antenna and when the replacement arrived I had the same issue and called them they had me scroll through the menu on the monitor and select a menu item to re-synced them together. Don't have the unit at home to be able to tell you the exact wording of the menu item. One thing I do is drape the in car antenna over the visor so it is hanging down and it helps the signal get out. If I had a wooden cloth pin I would clip it to the visor.

Give RVI a call they are great people. I once had the clip break on the break away cable and happened to be passing through Castle Rock, Co later in the trip so I stopped by their place. Nothing more than a warehouse with an office. They gave me a new cable and the owner came out and checked my unit and hook up.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote