Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2019, 08:19 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
RVi3. brake system and tire monitor?

Anyone use the RVi3 brake box and or the tire monitor system? Still shopping for a truck and a brake system. Thanks
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2019, 08:35 AM   #2
tvp

RVi3. brake system and tire monitor?

I have the RVI 3 system and Tire Patrol , first off the brake control system is great , love the voice prompt messages for set up , works great no problems. The 7 inch tablet is nice to monitor both the brake system and the tire system for both the coach and the Toad. I did have some problems with some of the early versions of there tire sensors but RVI has the best customer service you could ask for , they made it right ! Shipped new sensors overnight at their cost , no questions asked, easy to upload software updates and the company truly stands behind their products.
Now the only thing about RVI Tire Patrol system is you can't change the batteries. You must send them back to the factory for replacement, but they have a low cost exchange program , and you get fresh water proof sensors back ,
The sensors have a sleep mode that conserve battery power when not in use so they do last long time , so not a issue , Good product , and great company , behind it [emoji12][emoji736]
I would purchase again if I were looking for a system....
Ps also get there little battery charging system for the Toad [emoji12]
Old 01-03-2019, 09:22 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have had the RVi1 and 2 over the last 6 years and they have worked great. Good company to work with. I would have a 3 but the 2 is still working perfectly.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:42 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the replies. I was wondering if the charger is really needed on the Ford F150 if you don't need anything else on?
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:46 AM   #5
tvp

I had them install the charger system as cheap insurance, they may be small draw on toad battery so this eliminates any issue [emoji736]
Old 01-03-2019, 12:20 PM   #6

I have their braking system, 12 volt connector and charger for my Chevy Colorado.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:01 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
If you have a full time outlet in the pickup, you may not need a charge line. I had a RVI2 in our Jeep before I went to an air system. We towed the Jeep for up to four days at a time without starting it and never pulled the battery down enough to even tell. The RVI only uses power to occasionally run the compressor and a little bit to run the electronics, so it's not a constant major power draw.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Anyone use the RVi3 brake box and or the tire monitor system?

I started with an RVi2 braking system. When the RVi3 came out with it's companion Tire Patrol, I was immediately interested because I needed a TPMS and was very happy with the RVI2. At the Quartzsite Show 2017, I bought the entire system. Due to complications I have not been able to test the entire system as a rolling test bed. I have used the RVi3 brake for about 3,000 miles on 2 different coaches and it has worked flawlessly.

As for Tire Patrol, there have been some issues in this brand new product. Many have contributed on iRV2 about these topics. Enough here to say that RVi customer support is beyond comparison. They have treated me fairly and without question. I have presented them with some challenges and each time, they have gone over the top to satisfy my needs and so far they have. Stellar.

I will be rolling on a 3,000 mile journey in April '19 with a full complement of 10 tire sensors and the braking system. Many camping sites, lots of elevation changes and the miles. At the completion of that trip I plan on a full disclosure evaluation published on this forum. I predict that it will be positive in nature.

I am not affiliated with RVi in any way other than a satisfied customer.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_K View Post
I have had the RVi1 and 2 over the last 6 years and they have worked great. Good company to work with. I would have a 3 but the 2 is still working perfectly.
X2. Been using RVI2 for the past 5 years with no problems at all. Still operates as new, so can't justify buying a new RVI3.
Also a X2 for their remote battery charger.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:23 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
There's a bunch of good information here:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/rvi3-...es-344322.html
Old 01-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
If you have a full time outlet in the pickup, you may not need a charge line. I had a RVI2 in our Jeep before I went to an air system. We towed the Jeep for up to four days at a time without starting it and never pulled the battery down enough to even tell. The RVI only uses power to occasionally run the compressor and a little bit to run the electronics, so it's not a constant major power draw.
Something to keep in mind since the OP is looking for a new truck. The F-150 turns off power to the vehicle after a short period of time. I ran a line straight from the battery for the RVi3..
Old 01-11-2019, 08:42 AM   #12

RVI3 System

I have the Brake and Tire monitor system. Brake is great, easy to set up. The tablet not so much. The WIFI device failed quickly and nothing will connect. Tired to use the tire monitor system and half the time they will not link to tablet at all.

Would not purchase the tire monitor again
Dov327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #13
tvp

I too purchased the complete system from RVI and my experience was the brake system worked perfect ....great system , easy to set up and remove from Toad, as far as the. Tire Patrol system they did have some issues with their sensors in the early versions, the company improved their design and most importantly supported there customer with any issues with great tech support and unbelievable overnight shipping with the new and improved sensors,
Great Company to deal with and would do it again !
TVP
Old 05-24-2019, 08:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov327 View Post
I have the Brake and Tire monitor system. Brake is great, easy to set up. The tablet not so much. The WIFI device failed quickly and nothing will connect. Tired to use the tire monitor system and half the time they will not link to tablet at all.

Would not purchase the tire monitor again

I know this is an older threat but it's possible to install the RVI APK on a newer tablet. The one that comes with the kit is rather dismal and we already had a nice one, so I installed the RVI software on ours and it's been running fine.
swsarmyknife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, monitor