Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #1

Saturn Vue 2008 4 on the ground

We have just started in motorhome and are learning more every day. The first day after a 2 hour tow of our Vue the battery was drained. The shop that set up towing equipment said they thought ignition fuse had to be removed. We double checked Vue manual, no mention of removing fuse. Obviously something was wrong. I called Saturn Tech Support and they said manual was correct.

I'd noticed a slot about width and thickness of credit card below light switch. Had tried to turn lights off the prior day and switch would always snap back from 0 or off position. Found a non magnetic card in my wallet inserted into slot below switch turn switch to 0 and pushed gently on card. Heard a click and driving lights were off.

Towed Temecula to Las Vegas next day and had a full charge in Vue.

When I started Vue that evening in LV the driving lights came back on and car ran fine.

Maybe we do not need to pull ignition fuse or put a switch on fuse. Perhaps it already exists and GM forgot to document.
cpat39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my 2006 I have to pull the ignition switch. It is a 30 amp green fuse. After seven hours, I have to put it back in, run the engine for at least three minutes before I remove it for towing again. I would imagine yours is the same. I also can't drive over 65 mph. There are ways around both of these but that's what is required for my Vue.
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hi

We also pull our fuse on our 2006 Saturn Vue. Our manual is also not very clear about this but our manual for our supplemental braking system states that the fuse should be removed.

Bill
bkphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:01 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Cpat39,

WWW.RVPartsPlus.com sells a fuse switch for Saturns and works well.
Your ignition switch must be in the accessory position when the Saturn is towed, there's quite a drain on the battery. It doesn't take many discharges to render a battery defunct. When my Saturn is connected to my Class A, I have built in a charging system, through the electrical umbilical, from RV to Saturn to prevent discharge.

Steve
2007 Saturn Vue RedLine
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have an 2008 Vue and we pull the 3a ign fuse on the center consule on the passenger side. When we got the car there was conflicting comments from Saturn regarding pulling the fuse. We had an issue a couple of times with a dead battery so we put in a cutoff switch. Somewhere I have documentation from the dealer on which fuse to pull. It was not in the manual but seperate documentation.
Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #6

Saturn Vue towing

Thank you for replies. From what I can discover on web the early (2007 and earlier) were totally different cars. We just completed 250 plus mile tow from Las Vegas to Bakersfield using procedure I described and car started just fine.

Would be helpful if GM would acknowledge the correct towing procedures, but doubt that will occur.

Enjoy your Vue's great car for a Toad.

Regards,

Pat
cpat39 is offline   Reply With Quote