Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2021, 08:00 AM   #1

Angry Select 3 failed in just 4 months

I couldn't believe it. I had an old Brake Buddy Classic that lasted for 6 years and I bought it used, as the original owner upgraded to a proportional system. Has anyone else seen this problem? After plugging in the unit and the compressor shuts off (ready for start sequence and brake purge) pressing the "Start" button causes the unit to dump the pressure, as in a power down, but the compressor starts up gain and the air keeps dumping out. Brake pedal was never pressed. This will go on forever as the pressure will never get back up to the start pressure. The only option is to unplug the unit.

As a side note, calling support was no help, no suggestions, no service centers, only return to the manufacturer for warranty repair. I'm on the road, traveling! 2-3 week turn around and where am I supposed to receive the unit? Solution: Drive to the manufacturer in Kansas. There it is claimed to have a 1 hour turn around for drop offs. Seems like there should be a better system put in place.
JCofTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2021, 11:42 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCofTN View Post
I couldn't believe it. I had an old Brake Buddy Classic that lasted for 6 years and I bought it used, as the original owner upgraded to a proportional system. Has anyone else seen this problem? After plugging in the unit and the compressor shuts off (ready for start sequence and brake purge) pressing the "Start" button causes the unit to dump the pressure, as in a power down, but the compressor starts up gain and the air keeps dumping out. Brake pedal was never pressed. This will go on forever as the pressure will never get back up to the start pressure. The only option is to unplug the unit.

As a side note, calling support was no help, no suggestions, no service centers, only return to the manufacturer for warranty repair. I'm on the road, traveling! 2-3 week turn around and where am I supposed to receive the unit? Solution: Drive to the manufacturer in Kansas. There it is claimed to have a 1 hour turn around for drop offs. Seems like there should be a better system put in place.
Enjoy Kansas. Go see the Worlds Larges hand dug well while you are there.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:02 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum, nice 1st post.
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:29 AM   #4

Not any help from me as I don't have any experience with a Brake Buddy. However, I would suggest posting this question on your unit in the Toads and Motorhome Related Towing section.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 02:37 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've had my Classic Brake Buddy apart several times. Leaking air and bad electrical connections. Turn it upside down, remove many small screws. The top has short wires but you can still look inside. I lengthen them. Plug it in and listen for leaks, and retighten all connections. The last time the air seal on the bowl of the pressure regulator was bad. $50 for new reg. Lot cheaper than a new aux brake.

Tags
led