Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2022, 05:33 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodhair View Post
If battery is disconnected I wouldn't have power to my break system in the toad.
If your vehicle requires batty shut off it's easy to wire an always hot 12V receptacle for the braking system. Some brake system mfg will even supply on free if needed. Just be sure to add fuse or manual reset breaker if adding one.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2022, 05:38 AM   #30

Quote:
If battery is disconnected I wouldn't have power to my break system in the toad.
When I was using RVI, I had to disconnect the battery so I added a direct, fused, 12v power port
Winger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 06:16 AM   #31

Quote:
Hi, I am a newbie struggling with Dingy battery going dead after a full day of travel. We tow a 2020 Chevy Equinox 9 speed ST with 2.0 Turbo. We start the car at gas and food stops for at least 5 plus minutes like the directions say and turn off lights, radio and Heating/AC.
Does anyone else having these issues?
JD
X2 to poster NXR, an expert on the matter. I have similar Equinox. Probably need to upgrade the charging wire. I used Roadmaster RV Battery Charge Line Kits (RM-156-25 and RM-156-75 are both required) to handle up to 15 amp draw. In more than 10,000 miles of towing, sometimes 8 hours/day, I haven't experienced a dead battery.
Hermes2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery