Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2014, 06:12 AM   #43

New version? Do you know what is changing?
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2014, 07:33 AM   #44

The scrubbing is only natural and understandable on any dolly that doesn't have either turntable, steering or tie rod steering, such as the KarKaddy

I don't know why any rigid frame dolly such as the EZtow can't be backed up, because there are no steered wheels to cross up etc etc, like there is in 4 down, and Karkaddy towing, except the Karcaddy has a center point lock for the steering, making it possible to back it up same as any rigid frame. I would think that would be the only advantage to the EZtow, or any other rigid frame dolly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn4227 View Post
I don't understand your quote on scrubbing? I am also looking forward to the new version of EZE Tow, This will be our first and I do realize that you can not back up and We are fine with that! Happy and Safe travels
RJsfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #45

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have actually backed up my Kar Kaddy about 10 ft. with car loaded on it with no problem. I just watch it in my camera.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #46

Damon Owners Club
Vettenuts, You can check out all the new features at Acme EZE Tow. This will be our first dolly and we are newbies to camping!
Lynn4227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #47

Damon Owners Club
Thank you for your help everyone! It seems to be a bit of an overload at first, after we just purchased our Damon Challenger... So many questions and live and learn! Happy Traveling everyone, I will let you know how the EZE tow dolly does when it arrives and we hook it up with our Ford Fusion Hybrid
Old 10-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #48

Quote:
Vettenuts, You can check out all the new features at Acme EZE Tow. This will be our first dolly and we are newbies to camping!
This "New" EZ Tow has been out for some time. I don't think there is anything newer than the current one offered with surge disk brakes.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:31 PM   #49

Damon Owners Club
Yes they have a new model just released, It has a lot of new features and also weighs less. Also the lights are different and a bunch of other stuff....Check out his page Acme Tow Dolly and you will see the upgrades. I do not know what they had before as I read they have been in business for a long time. This is my first pre order on the new model. I will not receive the dolly for a few weeks.....Check it out if you don't believe it
Old 10-02-2014, 08:49 PM   #50

anybody that buys a new dolly should do a lot of internet searches about the brand they want to buy, there is lots of reviews out there, i got in a hurry and believed the hype and am paying for it now.....
sammy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #51

Damon Owners Club
You are so right Sammy, I researched a lot and still don't know if I purchased the right one....
Old 10-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #52

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy64 View Post
anybody that buys a new dolly should do a lot of internet searches about the brand they want to buy, there is lots of reviews out there, i got in a hurry and believed the hype and am paying for it now.....
I researched every dolly made before buying the used Kar Kaddy SS. I could not decide which one to buy, so I bought what my Dad had. His was an earlier model not the SS, he loved it and towed it across the U.S. and back a few times never a problem.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:48 PM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Hi All,
Just thought I would add a little more info.into the Dollie mix.I purchased a 2010 Master Tow 80thd a couple of years ago and have been to Gulf Shores 5 or 6 times and have just put over 4000 miles on it going out West and did not have any problems at all.I tow a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT.Hope everyone travels safe.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:54 AM   #54

Quote:
Yes they have a new model just released, It has a lot of new features and also weighs less. Also the lights are different and a bunch of other stuff....Check out his page Acme Tow Dolly and you will see the upgrades. I do not know what they had before as I read they have been in business for a long time. This is my first pre order on the new model. I will not receive the dolly for a few weeks.....Check it out if you don't believe it
This is still the same one shown on line with the welded chassis and surge brakes I have been looking at for some time. We just got the new car to tow but I'm going to wait until spring anyway now as the new garage won't be completed until December and we are pretty much done for the season. It's almost time for us to winterize the RV anyway. Maybe if EZE Tow reads this they can let us know if they have something newer coming out.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:15 AM   #55

I have a turn table style dollie all I can say is that in a hard turn even behind my SUV the inside tire seems to be leaned over and dragging. I never gave it a bit of thought just the way it always worked. never owned a EZE tow but would not be that concerned with it , like someone already said they are not made for doing loops in the Walmart parking lot.
rbpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:27 AM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You will not have any regrets with the Acme. The latest versions have better / simpler straps and steel ramps, big improvement. So far as scrubbing I do see evidence of it but with 5000 miles on mine I'm not seeing tire wear that concerns me, I expect to get 12K or more from my dolly tires. I suggest buying 2 spares and change them at the same time, if you ever wear out the second set then buy 4 new tires.

Tags
need help, tow, tow dolly, dolly