Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2007, 04:30 AM   #15

Thanks very much Guys for all the info. and help.Though we will not be towing our Vue until October,I will get the switch set up done soon.
I so appreciate this forum, and all you folks with your technical knowledge...
Much appreciated....
Paul

3778 W24
paulmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #16

Paz... I was filled in by a dealer as the newer cars and trucks are more high tec.I do not know a lot about them just what I read and am told. So I was passing on the information that is all.Take it or leave it. Me I think the fellow knows a lot more than Me so I will take the advice He gives.He's been a dealer since 1923 or I should say His Family..I have bought 5 car's and trucks from Him and no troubles now or ever and all the units were new.And I do the most of the maintance Myself..Bushman
Old 07-25-2007, 06:41 AM   #17

What paz is saying is you used wire that is too small for the fuse. If you have a problem the wire could burn before the fuse blows, not something you want to happen. The dealer should have advised you that a larger wire size is needed for a 30 amp fuse.
Argosy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:13 PM   #18

I've had two Saturns rigged for towing, and each time Saturn techs installed the switch and wiring. There are no fuses. The switch in both toads simply disconnects the power control module.

Not to difficult to remember that you push the switch one way to turn off everything and the other way to turn everything back on.

The switch also works as a very effective anti-theft device. We always turn off the PCM whenever we park in public places.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:31 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Hi,

Just spent a 1/2 day with my Saturn dealer who initially said they could install the fuse for me. Ends up the '07 underhood fuse panel is different than prior years and the switch install is more complicated. Apparantly in addition to the 2 blades of the fuse itself that would normally be wired to the switch there are 2 other area's within the panel controlled by this fuse. Therefore 6 points to have a switch control as to the historical 2 if that makes sense. They showed my as they told the panel out and brought it to me. Not saying it can't be done, but they didn't know how. So in the short term I'll pull it which is easy enough as I'm getting the unit rigged next week.
Hope this helps anyone else considering the switch for the '07 Vue and if you figure it out please let me know.

Dave
Globetrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:39 AM   #20

Check this out!When the 30 Amp fuse is pulled and the key is in the first position away from lock ( the Accessory
position) the following components receive power:
Windshield Wiper (turn off)
Radio and clock display (remove CD and turn off radio)
Four power window Switch LED's and
Mirror Compass.
Under these normal circumstances these components will be drawing between 0.6 and 0.7 amps. Thus in
7 hours of towing, you will draw the battery down by about 5 amps. (Since Saturn recommends starting
the V6 models every 7 hours clock time we use this limit) Certainly not enough to require you to pull a
fuse, in our opinion.
We recommend checking the current draw by reversing the fuse in the fuse box so that one leg overlaps
exterior of the fuse box. Using a Volt Ohm Meter set to measure Amps (usually a 10 amp scale with the
leads plugged into a different place on the meter), connect one lead to the exposed fuse leg and the other
to the other connection in the fuse box. Check the current draw when the key is turned to the first
(Accessory) position. If it is in this range then you can safely leave the fuse in.
Remember to turn off the switch after towing since you will continue to draw down the battery if
you do not.
This information is supplied to assist you, and in no way is suggesting that Saturn approves this
procedure, however there are many Saturn Vue's operating as Tow Cars without removing the specified
fuse. Always check your car first since production changes can and do occur
Old 07-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Jughead,

I also have a 2007 Vue and it was my understanding from the dealer that the fuse in question should be removed prior to towing. If I read you correctly you are saying such is not the case? Sure would make it a lot easier not to have to monkey with it in the dark, etc. Thanks for all the info you put together for this post, very informative. Now get down and give me 20!
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:12 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
JH,

Sorry about the name confusion. I'm old and can't see well. Just wanted to let you know that the Seabee in the corner wants to know if you're made of glass.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote