Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2007, 04:57 PM   #15
paz

The receptacle on the front of the Jeep should have pins in the recess behind the cover. I had one of the pins on our toad push back into the receptacle one time, which means it did not make good contact. I had to disassemble the receptacle and push the pin back out. You should be able to see if a pin has pushed back or if one or more of the pins are worn.

My other thought is that it is more likely one of the female contacts on the toad end of the umbilical has spread resulting in poor contact.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2007, 08:39 AM   #16

Final post on the tail light not lighting problem.
My final solution was to wrap the umbilical cord end that plugs into the jeep with electrical tape and I sprayed electrical contact cleaner in the holes. Although I don't think this will be a permanent fix and I eventually have to rewire a new receptacle on the jeep this seems to have snugged up the umbilical enough to make good contact.
Also during this process I discovered that the umbilical cord has a screw on each end that tightens and holds the outer casing of the wire into the connectors. On both ends these had come loose and needed to be tightened. Probably wouldn't hurt to make that a periodic check as it could prevent some trouble somewhere down the road.
Thanks again for all your suggestions and help.
Letsgoagain