RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-23-2020, 05:29 PM   #15

Gulf Streamers Club
We bought out coach in Minnisota in 2009 and on our way home, we threw the Fan Belt. Needless to say, we didn't have any parts or tools and where we broke down on US-2 in Northern Wisconsin, we had NO CELL PHONE Coverage. Thankfully I had set our car up for towing and we had it with us. I only had to drive a couple of miles to get phone service and called the Good Sam Road Service I had purchased and they had us towed into a service station in Ashland Wisconsin. I swore I would never be without a Toad after that. Unfortunately, a few years later, I took the coach ahead of the family to set up camp with the wife and grand kids to follow the next day. You can guess I was not happy to throw the fan belt again and I had to spend the night in WalMart waiting for a tow and the wife to show up. Belt was less than two years old. I ask the repair shop to change the rusty pulleys and they didn't have any in stock, but they did change the belt. When we got back home, I ordered new pulleys from Cummins and me and my son changed them. I have not thrown a belt in the last eight years and I now don't ever leave home without the toad except test drives into town and back, 14 miles total.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
tow