Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2022, 05:10 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Toad brake trouble

I have had some trouble with the brakes on our toad after towing that I hope others may have some insight on. We are using a Blue Ox Patriot system on our 2012 Cadillac SRX. I have found that after towing the vehicle when I start it and before moving it I need to pump the breaks a few times. We recently towed it from Florida to PA I did my normal pumping of the brakes and everything felt OK. Over the past week of driving the car around town we had two different times that the brakes went soft and pushed to floor but didn’t stop the car. Pumped the brakes and went on our way. We took the car into dealership but they could not find anything wrong with the cars brakes. I’m stumped has anyone else had similar problem. The silver lining is this was the last trip for this toad as I just picked up a 2022 Canyon that we will be setting up to flat tow but want to be sure the wife’s grocery getter is safe for her to continue to drive when we are home.
C. Waraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2022, 09:11 AM   #2
YC1

Had this happen to our Ford Edge Limited. Brake problems twice in its life. The first time was repaired under a recall, the second time we were lucky enough to be visiting near the dealership that had done the reall and they fixed it under a (customer satisfaction) and there was no charge. It would have been pricey for sure as they had to dismantle quite a bit of the engine area to get to the (master cylinder, ???). Whatever the main pump is on them.

They called and asked if I wanted them to change the plugs while doing the brake work because of all the dismantling required. I had just changed the plugs myself before that trip and it was quite a challenge and took time.

I would not drive it without having some parts replaced. The intermittent nature could lead to a real disaster.

You might do a search for brake recalls to give you a clue.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:35 AM   #3

If your brakes are dragging, that can cause the fluid to boil. Boiled fluid causes air pockets from the moisture in the old fluid.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, toad