Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2017, 10:38 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---nota___ View Post
The S2000 uses an electric rack with very close ratio steering. In reality we use to gas pedal and gears more than the steering wheel to fly thru the corners. These cars are set up just like the F1 cars they were conceived from.

The 2000 thru 2003 AP1 models were all hand built with a complete forged 9,000 rpm 2.0 four cylinder mid-engine. From start to finish the car was designed to race the tight corners with it's 2,800 lbs and 50/50 weight balance. The only change that has to be made is changing out he brake fluid to DOT 4 or better fluid. Virtually Zero body/Frame flex and the windshield frame acts as a roll bar as well as roll bar hoops behind the factory Recaro Racing seats.

What more can I say, It's a Honda on Steroids that you really have to own one to understand.

I don't recall seeing throttle to go through the entire turn, always the one arm bandit using the steering wheel. Not trying to get in a debate on which car is best or anything like that.

F1 is mid engine paddle shifting and back then +18k rpm's

My Miata (13 club) also has 50/50 weight, 2,500 lbs and approx 400 whp... totally understand throttle induced oversteer but I still use two hands

Back when I did track days I had a s2k blow its engine 20ft in front of me. I think it was user error and not the cars fault.... the next year the organizers wouldn't allow convertibles unless they had a true roll bar or hoop that passes the broom stick test. My Miata also has a windshield that acts as a roll bar and hoops behind the seats, however both kinda suck in rollovers. At speed with minimal support and convertible windshield will buckle easily, thus a tall rear bar is a necessity. I added a rear hoop for my Miata from blackbird fabworx, passes the broom test so I feel safe

It's not about the cars heritage, how quick the rack is etc.... something as simple as a sweaty hand slipping off the wheel or hitting a oil patch and you need more steering input then one hand can do..... it's just a safety common sense thing
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #58

Thumbs up UPDATE !!! Bought a Kar Kaddy Dolly and Very Happy with her overall performance.

UPDATE !!! Bought a used 2010 Kar Kaddy SS Dolly and Very Happy with her build quality and overall performance.
---nota___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:23 AM   #59

...will be curious how the effort required to load and un-load your towed "grows" on you--keep us posted......
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:39 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
...will be curious how the effort required to load and un-load your towed "grows" on you--keep us posted......
We've been using a dolly for a couple of years and don't find it to be a big effort. As a matter of fact, my wife loads and unloads by herself when I'm not along.

Nice find, nota. The Kar Kaddy is a nicer unit than our Master Tow. I bet it'll work out fine.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:59 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
The dolly will help keep me in shape as does our new to us 40' Coach. I have already lost a dozen pounds in just 3 weeks of travel time and a half dozen times loading/unloading my wife's lowered 2002 Saturn SC2. My better half drives her car up, adds extra towing lights on her car and straps the wheels in while I chain everything up. She's a Good Women and now we both can cancel our gym memberships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
We've been using a dolly for a couple of years and don't find it to be a big effort. As a matter of fact, my wife loads and unloads by herself when I'm not along.

Nice find, nota. The Kar Kaddy is a nicer unit than our Master Tow. I bet it'll work out fine.
Thanks, we got lucky as the dolly was only 20 miles away from where we bought the Coach just north of Atlanta. Figured if I didn't like it I could sell up her in Michigan for more than we paid down south.

Really love the dolly as I can back her up quite a ways when shes loaded without jackknifing. Haven't had the need to collapse the dolly down yet to save space but have the option if needed.
---nota___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:56 AM   #62

We tow a 2013 Honda Fit. The Fit is also an excellent second car for us, so it is not an added expense since we need a second car anyway. Hooking up is quick and easy and it is extremely easy to tow. For me, renting would be much more hassle than towing. Another benefit of a Toad I never thought of until it came up recently is, if you need to take your RV to the shop and have it worked on, you can pull the Toad and drive it back home. This helps if the shop is not close by or if you don't have someone available to drive you back home.
pattaway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toad