Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Toad Protection Question

We re in the process of getting our 09 Wrangler outfitted to tow behind our Class C and I was wondering what would afford the best protection for the Jeep when its behind the coach?
Im thinking about a Ultraguard for the MH.
What are you using for your toads?
Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2009, 09:04 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Donie,

I have a small Class C and tow a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I got lucky when I purchased a used RoadMaster Sterling tow bar as it came with the Guardian tow protector, Stowaway, and Tow Defender. I have attached some pictures for you as well. Haven't towed this combination very far, but so far no nicks or dents. I also installed an SMI Stay-N-Play braking system. Overall I like the set-up I have as it is easy to set-up and use.

If you have further questions let me know.

Good luck with your set-up.

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01748.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	570   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01749.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	571  

jhlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #3

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

I only use the one that stretches between the coach and toad. I have towed the jeep about 15K miles and no damage to report. I'm satisfied and it is very easy to attach to the jeep. When not toeing I roll it up and leave it on the motorhome.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #4

Hi Donie,

We tow our 2008 Wrangler behind our motor home. The day we took delivery on the Wrangler we took it to a place that was to install the hitch, air brake connections, tail lights and brake-away. In addition we had purchased a Diamond Shield package for the Wrangler and they had agreed to install it also.

We also have the Blue Ox KarGuard that attaches to the tow bar and after driving about 10K miles in the Jeep and towing it nearly 20K miles there isn't a ding on it.

Now we did get a little Arizona pin striping (mesquite scrapes thru the paint down to the metal) on it in January, but had that taken care of while in Mexico in March so it still looks "new" after a year & a half of towing, driving.
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #5

I have a full width tow flap all across the back of my coach as well as long mud flaps behind the rear tires. I never get any dings on any of my toads using this stuff. I've had this stuff on my last three diesel pushers. They actually come with the full width tow flap. I changed over the mud flaps. I also put weight plates on the bottoms of the mud flaps......It Works!
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote