Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2021, 04:30 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TOAD setup in Snohomish County

Anyone got a line on a place to take my motorhome and Jeep, where I can get the Air Force-1 installed, as well a tow bar and baseplate? I'm looking more for a reliable installer/servicer in Snohomish county rather than cheapness right now. Although, someone who can get me a good quote would be appreciated as well.

The service department where I bought my motorhome is less than communicative after several attempted contact attempts, so I'm looking for someone who answers the phone, reads the email, etc.

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!
dwirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2021, 10:38 PM   #2

We chose Roadmaster and had it done at Roy Robinson RV. I expect that they will do any brand. We were very satisfied with their service, but they are usually booked out a ways.

I still, have my Invisabrake system if you are interested. I'll sell it cheap and donate the proceeds to a local charity.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 06:19 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Try Torklift Central in Kent we had some work done there not sure if they handle Airforce 1
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:37 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
AF1 website lists them as a dealer -actually about 14 in the area including the Winnebago dealer
Poulsbo RV
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 01:17 PM   #5

If it's not too far for you to go (but definitely closer than Torklift, lol ...or perahaps not necessarily closer but easier to access as I personally would not want to fight my way through Seattle or the Eastside), we've had really good experiences at JR's RV Repair & Rebuild. They're in Sedro Wolley. They have an excellent reputation in the area. They are both an authorized dealer for Demco/Air force One and Roadmaster (tow bars and base plates). I highly recommend JR's.

JR's RV Repair & Rebuild -----> website HERE
1162 State Route 20
Sedro-Woolley 98284

(360) 854-9722

If staying close to the Lake Stevens area is important and you need to choose between Roy Robinson and Poulsbo RV, definitely take it to Roy Robinson!! RV dealerships usually don't have the best reputations and their service departments charge very high prices but like I say, Roy Robinson is one of the better dealerships in my opinion. (I say this will all due respect to rream).
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 01:52 PM   #6

One other place that I've never used but I do have in my notes about being a good place to buy tow bars and hitch supplies (I've taken notes through the years when I hear good or bad things from other RVers about service establishments), is Arlington RV and Welding Supplies. They are an authorized dealer for both Demco (Air Force One) and Roadmaster. However, I have no idea if they do the "whole enchilada" as you want done or not but you may want to call them to see. They'd be a bit closer to your location.

They have no working website but here is their Facebook page: Arlington RV and Welding Supplies

20615 A 67th Avnue N
Arlington 98223

(360) 403-8300
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwirch View Post
Anyone got a line on a place to take my motorhome and Jeep, where I can get the Air Force-1 installed, as well a tow bar and baseplate? I'm looking more for a reliable installer/servicer in Snohomish county rather than cheapness right now. Although, someone who can get me a good quote would be appreciated as well.

The service department where I bought my motorhome is less than communicative after several attempted contact attempts, so I'm looking for someone who answers the phone, reads the email, etc.

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

Arlington RV and Welding is a great local independent Shop.

They have a full store of accessories and parts and a large shop area.

Their techs are certified and do good work.
Bill Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 07:59 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for all the great suggestions.

I've also heard good things about Arlington RV and JRs, from other sources.

After getting pretty much ghosted by the dealer that sold me the motorhome, I wanted to go elsewhere, somewhere in Snohomish county or even Skagit county. Arlington and Sedro-Woolley are both in easy range, so I'll be getting quotes from both of those guys. I'll also be checking with Roy Robinson, but with their long lead time, it might be a no go.

Don't really have a high opinion of Poulsbo RV, but I may give them a shout anyway.

Thanks again for all the great info, and a have a great day!
Old 04-03-2021, 08:28 PM   #9

Our setup was done at Poulsbo Everett as was under a tight timeframe. Poulsbo MT Vernon was out by several months. Tried RV Country but the price was way high compared to Poulsbo. Happy with the work done
Don and ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:24 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and ren View Post
Our setup was done at Poulsbo Everett as was under a tight timeframe. Poulsbo MT Vernon was out by several months. Tried RV Country but the price was way high compared to Poulsbo. Happy with the work done
Thanks for the heads up. I've shot out an email query to them. Any particular person I should talk to there?

Thanks again!
Old 04-05-2021, 09:15 PM   #11

Kenny in service Department, they were running a special AF1 with Demco Commander hitch
Old 04-05-2021, 09:31 PM   #12

Very good experience with Roy Robinson

I have had several RV’s serviced or repaired at Roy Robinson over the last 20 years. They did great work and the price was reasonable. My waits were never more than a few weeks.
Darrel
Bluedogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:51 PM   #13

Plus one for JR's in Sedro Woolley.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:24 PM   #14

I would also give JR’s a shout as have heard good things

Tags
toad