Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-08-2022, 09:05 AM   #15

Toads and EZpass transponders

At the Tampa RV show, I saw where TSD Logistics will be offering a nationwide toll transponder….

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9871.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	355919
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2022, 02:40 AM   #16

11 Investigates: E-ZPass penalty fee notification bill passes Pennsylvania House unanimously (msn.com)
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:50 AM   #17

just so you know ...when you go thru the toll booths look down .. there is a metal strip that you go over... it weighs you... that is how they know what weight class to charge you...
Old 05-26-2022, 09:03 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
East of the Mississippi River except a few tolls in FL the ez-pass works. Your PA ez-pass will work fine except a few spots in fl. The fl e-pass did not do well for me on IN turnpike where I enter on entry point and many exits down the road I exit and pay the cumulative toll.. i have a ez-pass and a e-pass (uni-pass) for FL
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:06 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Have I-Pass from IL, no charge to get transponder, just keep a balance in your account. Have 3 transponders all the same but tolls are automatically charged depending on I'm assuming weight.Transponders are not tied to a certain vehicle. Also, if I forget to remove transponder from the toad, all I have to do is call them and they'll delete the toad charge.
Romer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 07:28 PM   #20

Toad transponder

Thanks everyone, got a EZ pass account and transponders from NC. $ 16 for transponders and no monthly account fees. got two one for MH and one for toad. Will keep the toad transponder in the foil bag it came in (also wrapped in extra aluminum foil) until I need it in just the toad alone. Acounts did not really specify vehicle type, weight or axel numbers. Nothing marked on either transponder either. Assume the toll plaza will count number of axels as we pass over. Will see how it works.

Thanks
Dave
dstewart1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 08:18 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Whatever you do get an ez-pass that does not have recurring service fees. I have the IL EZ-pass (called I-pass) no fees except the onetime charge buying the transponder. Some of the states charge you a monthly fee

For FL I have the uni-pass (e-pass)

Now the other thing to consider is if you are always using a state's toll roads. It might be worth getting that states ez-pass. Most state give a discount if you use their ez-pass. Many states don't extend the discounts to other states ez-pass. But some states do extend the discounts. But for the most part most states don't. NY is the most confusing, it has different agencies charging tolls. So in NY it depends for out of stater's ez-pass if you get the discount what agencies is charging the toll.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 05:11 AM   #22

Florida Uni pass confusion.

I have a Uni pass for my MH and toad. As explained before, it advertises being able to move between vehicles. Just change the website info and good to go.

Well....tried that and I could only change the license plate info, but not the vehicle description. You cannot add a second vehicle. They can, but they have to issue a separate transponder ( no help as I am on the road). Trailers are "virtual vehicles" and I guess only help on the account to identify the trailer to your transponder.

Called Uni pass and they said they could add the toad to the account, but it would need its own "sticker" transponder when used separately. I actually wound up calling back because both explanations I got from customer service were confusing....and am still confused.

Anyone here using just one transponder like they advertise, and just changing the license plate number on the website everything they switch to using the toad solo?
Psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 06:23 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psneeld View Post
Florida Uni pass confusion.

I have a Uni pass for my MH and toad. As explained before, it advertises being able to move between vehicles. Just change the website info and good to go.

Well....tried that and I could only change the license plate info, but not the vehicle description. You cannot add a second vehicle. They can, but they have to issue a separate transponder ( no help as I am on the road). Trailers are "virtual vehicles" and I guess only help on the account to identify the trailer to your transponder.

Called Uni pass and they said they could add the toad to the account, but it would need its own "sticker" transponder when used separately. I actually wound up calling back because both explanations I got from customer service were confusing....and am still confused.

Anyone here using just one transponder like they advertise, and just changing the license plate number on the website everything they switch to using the toad solo?

I have the Uni and I don’t change anything on the website. Just move the transponder from motorhome to car and back.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 12:02 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Toads and EZpass transponders

With my uni I also haven’t done anything online it’s constantly registered to the car , just move it to the window of the motorhome. I’ve even taken it with me and used it in rental cars with no changing of its “ assigned car” and it charges accurately. Probably not what your “supposed” to do but they seem to figure it out.
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:59 PM   #25
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I move the NCQuickpass/E-ZPass between vehicles. The pass is good in 18 states.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 11:47 AM   #26

5th time the charm.

Finally got a customer service rep to put both vehicles on my Uni account.

The motorhome is the primary, but the ford ranger is also listed but with a virtual transponder so if I have the one transponder I own even in the Ranger, I am OK and also OK towing the ranger.

Not sure why the other 4 reps and a supervisor couldn't see it that way and get'r done.

I had to hang up on one poor guy cause he was a dog with a bone and said what I wanted done he wouldn't do cause he couldn't. 10 minutes later someone else did it to my satisfaction.

Some genius was correct when they were quoted on the value of perseverance.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:28 AM   #27

I got the Open Roads Freedom Pass mentioned above and have used it in the past week from Virginia to Maine. No issues.
El Chapo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toad, toads