Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #1

tow bar class a

will be towing honda 2011 crv which tow bar is reccomended and which brake for the crv tks
EdRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to irv2. I've moved your post to the toads and MH related towing section to get a broader view for your question.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #3

Welcome EdRu
See my signature for how/what I tow. There are many really good products on the market for towing. I like simple. My toad brake is operated with the surge system. Easy to put together and take apart.
Do a search for tow bars, toad brakes, etc. You will find some really good info.
dm.akafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:07 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi EdRu,
I use a Blue Ox tow bar and a USGear breaking system. Go to these sites to check out the offerings.
USGEAR = Unified Tow Brake
Blue OX = Blue Ox - Towbars

For simplicity, I'm with you. Once installed there is nothing for the owner to do with the USGEAR system. Just connect the electrical umbilical cord from the coach to the toad and your ready to go.

I would purchase both of these products again.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:09 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What car you tow has very little to do with it.. However when I towed a Lumina APV.. Same set up GaryKD used

I really liked it and the US gear system gives you a lot of control over the towed brakes, way more than any other system

However there are many tow bars,, I have looked at perhaps half a dozen and really can not recommend any of them over the others.. That said I know both Blue Ox and Roadmaster have good customer relaitions and service,, Blue Ox treated me more than right.. They really went a bit overboard.

I like the blue ox system.

I'm told, by others, roadmaster is as good however.

Brakes.. I will not recommend a specific system other than the comments above but I will recommend against.

There are some systems that set a box in the drivers seat that pushes the pedal when it senses you are slowing down. They may claim "NO Installation Required".. Meaning there is nothing bolted to the vehicle, it all comes out when you drive.

Fact is YOU have to install the unit EVERY TIME YOU TOW. and this means there is far too much chance of a mistake, (OF course with one time install the dealer screwed up my US-Gear, I fixed later) or you can simply say "Forget it" for a short tow... and wish you had not.

With an installed system (US-Gear, M*G, invisible Brake, Stay * Play, Ready Brake (only if you tow often) Auto-Stop (Blue ox also if you tow often) and many others...... Less chance of that since hooking up the brakes takes about 2 seconds.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #6

Ed, i sent you a private message
mmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Road master falcon 2 tow bar and smi stay n play duo on my 2011 crv love it easy to hook up and go

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
ReadyBrute Elite for me.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, tow