Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #15

I towed my sons dual Seadoo trailer behind my B+. It was easy to tow and launch the Seadoos with my MH.

My son had his tow vehicle connected to his Airstream TT and he was going to do the launch, but it was so easy for me to do it and then he did not have to drop his trailer and come back to do the launch.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2014, 10:29 AM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarwiebe View Post
I have launched my boat with our previous 32' class C but not with our 40' class A. We usually travel with others that tow a trailer with their 1/2 or our daughter will take her 1/2 and my DW and I drive the coach. Just curious, has anyone every borrowed/rent the use of a 1/2 ton from a fellow boater at the launch or from the marina if launching at a marina?
At most CG's with water access, they will launch your boat for you, especially if the ramp is too small to accommodate the MH.....At least that has been our experience.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a receiver mounted to our front bumper of the MH. When we got to the launch ramp I would unhook the boat trailer, turn the MH around and hook it to the front bumper. Pushing the boat down the ramp and launching is the simplest and easiest way to do it! Great control, perfect viewing angle, tap the brakes at the right time and she pops right off the trailer!
Old 03-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Wow.. lots of people think it's not difficult? I know I wouldn't try it myself. But it might be kinda fun watching others try it. ;-)
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote