Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2015, 09:27 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Towing a Keyless Fusion Hybrid

OK, does anybody have the straight procedure for a Ford Fusion Hybrid as a toad? The owner's manual says the car should be towed with tranny in N and ignition in ACC. Great for a keyed ignition, but what about keyless (push button start)? I'd love to hear from someone with experience towing a FFH with keyless ignition. Thanks in advance!
RWray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2015, 09:52 PM   #2

Have a 2015 Fusion Titanium Hybrid with Roadmaster Falcon2 tow bar and Invisibrake. Towing it with a 2013 Itasca Navion IQ which is Mercedes Diesel powered. Tows great. Page 224 of the Owners manual says to start the vehicle by pressing the brake pedal and then pressing the Engine Start/Stop button until the vehicle starts. Press the brake pedal and shift the transmission into position N. Turn the vehicle off by pressing button once. Done and works great. This is one of the reasons I purchased this model and it is quiet and fun to drive while getting 45 mpg.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:54 PM   #3

Make sure electric parking brake is off.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:41 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honwing View Post
Have a 2015 Fusion Titanium Hybrid with Roadmaster Falcon2 tow bar and Invisibrake. Towing it with a 2013 Itasca Navion IQ which is Mercedes Diesel powered. Tows great. Page 224 of the Owners manual says to start the vehicle by pressing the brake pedal and then pressing the Engine Start/Stop button until the vehicle starts. Press the brake pedal and shift the transmission into position N. Turn the vehicle off by pressing button once. Done and works great. This is one of the reasons I purchased this model and it is quiet and fun to drive while getting 45 mpg.

Thanks! I've gotten conflicting procedures from different FFH owners about pushing the button to place it in ACC mode. Some say to do it with your foot OFF the brake, though I don't see that anywhere in the manual. Other owners say they just push the button to shut down the car normally, which I assume means foot ON the brake. May I ask which way you do it?
RWray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:45 PM   #5

FFH

I'm pretty sure my foot is on the brake because I am sure it is still on after putting it into neutral then I reach up and touch the button once then I release the parking brake. Not sure if it makes a difference either way. Going on a 600 mile trip on the 19th and wil be hooking/ unhooking at least 5 times. I'll pay closer attention then
Honwing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing