Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #1

Ok you smart RV Guy's help me out. I want to tow an H3, 4 wheels down. I know nothing about this subject but it seems the tow bar is a good place to start. I'm looking at a Aventa II by Blue Ox, I have found it on sale for $400, yea or na?

2007 Hummer H3X
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #2

Ok you smart RV Guy's help me out. I want to tow an H3, 4 wheels down. I know nothing about this subject but it seems the tow bar is a good place to start. I'm looking at a Aventa II by Blue Ox, I have found it on sale for $400, yea or na?

2007 Hummer H3X
Old 07-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
Buy it if it is in good shape
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:53 PM   #4

Thanks Doc, The bar is new from PPL. Looks to be a good price so I think I'll go for it. Next step, braking system!

2007 Hummer H3X
Old 07-31-2007, 04:33 AM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Bob (rebelsbeach) just had our Air Force One system installed in his 07 H3 after being grossly dissatisfied with his previous braking system. I am sure that you could contact him for more details on how it works, or maybe he will even chime in here...

Brent Schuck
Research and Development
Graphic Design
Demco Manufacturing, Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:16 PM   #6

Brent thanks for the input. I have read all of Bob's post on your product, Air Force One, and I'm impressed. I decided a while back to go with AFO. Now all I need is a local installer, can you help? Knoxville, TN.

2007 Hummer H3X
Old 08-02-2007, 05:35 AM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Sorry for the delay. We are constantly adding new dealers, so your best bet is to call the 800 number below and ask for Jesse. He takes care of coordinating all of our dealers.
Demco Manufacturing, Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #8

our Hummer dealer, who also has a DP, said we needed to use the unified tow system. We have bought it but not installed yet. Now we're confused as to whether this is the best way to go?
txbeachfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:47 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beachbums152:
our Hummer dealer, who also has a DP, said we needed to use the unified tow system. We have bought it but not installed yet. Now we're confused as to whether this is the best way to go? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like your dealer is trying hard,but may not know the basics of the Air Force One.

I would highly recommend you contact Jesse and find a dealer whereby you can have an Air Force One installed....
Brent is correct, as my H3 brakes were almost ruined by the ReadyBrake I was using...

The AFO is proportional braking in my opinion AT IT'S BEST!!

The tech support is second to none as well....We're fortunate to have the SMI gang posting right alongside our members...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:43 PM   #10

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
thanks rebelsbeach for shining in.
I am also looking at the new HUMMER H3 and doing the AFO setup . Now to find where to get it done either in FL or GA.
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote