Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #1

towing procedure for 2008 saturn vue

If anyone is towing an 08 saturn vue, could you tell me what i need to do to tow the vehicle with my 04 pace arrow. do i need to pull any fuses, and do i need to do anything with the sterring wheel. Thanks in advance, i am new to motorhome and towing. I have a 2008 saturn vue awd 6 cly with 6 speed automatic transmission.
Jimdel41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
I have an '07 so it may be the same.

First you run the engine and put it through the gears ending and remaining in N for 3 minutes. Turn the key to acc and then remove the 30 amp ign fuse under the hood. Release the parking brake and you are done. You don't need to do anything with the steering wheel, but make sure it is not locked.

After 7 hours you must start the car and repeat the process. I usually set my alarm for 6 hours and then when convenient I stop and restart.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
To make it easier, Remove the 30 amp fuse and wire it in-line with a toggle switch mounted under the dash or somewhere inside the car. That's what I did with my fuse on my Malibu. Now it is--- key to ACC, flip the toggle switch, tranny to Nuetral, Parking brake off and tow. Easy Peasy
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The 03 to 07 Vue V6 is a Honda engine and trans and the tow procedure is P to L then to N never go from park to N to tow or you will need another trans, the 08 Vue is a re badged Opel Antara I would susgest to make sure its towable check your book or call GM
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
This is what I got from Saturn.
2008 Saturn VUE
Trailer Weight Information
The following chart shows how much the trailer can weigh, based on the vehicle
powertrain combination. Retailers should refer customers to the appropriate model year Saturn VUE Owner Manual for important trailering
tips, vehicle maintenance, and safety rules before towing a trailer.
Model Maximum Trailer Weight
VUE XE with 2.4L LE5 1,500 lb (680 kg)
VUE XE with 3.5L LZ4 3,500 lb (1,588 kg)
VUE XR with 3.6L LY7* 3,500 lb (1,588 kg)
*The 2008 Saturn VUE Red Line should not be used to tow a trailer.
Recreational Vehicle Towing Information
Important: Vehicles with a 6-speed automatic transmission that are "dinghy towed" must be run at the beginning of each day and at each
fuel stop for a minimum of five minutes. This will ensure proper lubrication of transmission components.
Important: Refer to the appropriate model year Saturn VUE Owner Manual for towing preparation guidelines and dolly and dinghy towing
procedures.
Important: For 2002-2007 Saturn VUE vehicles with a 3.5L V6 (L66) engine and 5AT automatic transaxle (RPO MJ7/MJ8), refer to
Corporate Bulletin Number 05-00-89-014C for updated recreational vehicle towing information and procedures. Recreational vehicle towing
means towing the vehicle behind another vehicle -- such as behind a motor home.
The two most common types of recreational vehicle towing are known as "dinghy
towing" (towing the vehicle with all four wheels on the ground) and "dolly towing"
(towing the vehicle with two wheels on the ground and two wheels up on a device known as a "dolly"). With the proper preparation and
equipment, many vehicles can be towed in these ways. Refer to the appropriate model year Saturn VUE Owner Manual for towing
preparation guidelines and dolly and dinghy towing procedures. The Towing Chart below summarizes powertrain combination compatibility
with dolly and dinghy towing methods.
All 2008 Saturn VUE vehicles can be dinghy towed from the front with all four wheels on the ground.
2008 Saturn VUE Recreational Vehicle Towing Chart
Powertrain Combination and Towing Method
...................................Rear........... Front......All Four
...................................Wheels......Whe els.....Wheels on
...................................on a Tow....on a Tow...the Ground
...................................Dolly.........D olly........(Dingy)
VUE XE 2.4L 4-cyl (LE5) Engine...NO..........YES.........YES
with 4T45E Four-Speed Automatic
Transaxle (MN5)
VUE XE 2.4L 4-cyl (LAT) Engine...NO..........YES.........YES
with BAS 4T45E Four-Speed
Automatic Transaxle Hybrid
(ME7)
VUE XE 3.5L V6 (LZ4) Engine......NO..........YES.........YES*
with FWD 6T70 Six-Speed
Automatic Transaxle (MH2)
VUE XE 3.5L V6 (LZ4) Engine......NO..........NO..........YES*
with AWD 6T70 Six-Speed
Automatic Transaxle (MH4)
VUE XR 3.6L V6 (LY7) Engine......NO..........YES.........YES*
with FWD 6T70 Six-Speed
Automatic Transaxle (MH2)
VUE XR 3.6L V6 (LY7) Engine......NO...........NO.........YES*
with AWD 6T70 Six-Speed
Automatic Transaxle (MH4)
VUE Red Line 3.6L V6 (LY7).......NO...........NO.........YES*
Engine with FWD or AWD
6T70 Six-Speed Automatic
Transaxle (MH2 or MH4)
*Notice: If the vehicle is equipped with a 6T70 six-speed automatic transmission, it can be dinghy towed from the front for unlimited miles at
65 mph (105 km/h). To avoid vehicle damage, never exceed 65 mph (105 km/h) while towing Saturn VUE vehicles. The repairs would not
be covered by the warranty.
Dinghy Towing Procedure
Notice: If you tow your vehicle without performing each of the steps listed under
"Dinghy Towing," you could damage the automatic transmission. Be sure to follow all steps of the dinghy towing procedure prior to and after
towing your vehicle.
Notice: Don't tow a vehicle with the front drive wheels on the ground if one of the front tires is a compact spare tire. Towing with two
different tire sizes on the front of the vehicle can cause severe damage to the transmission.
1. Position the vehicle to tow and then secure it.
2. Shift the transmission to Park (P) and turn the ignition to OFF.
3. Set the parking brake.
4. Turn the ignition to ACCESSORY.
5. Shift your transmission to NEUTRAL (N).
6. To prevent your battery from draining while the vehicle is being towed, remove the 2 amp ignition switch fuse from the I/P fuse block and
store in a safe location.
7. Release the parking brake. Once you have reached your destination, do the following steps:
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Reinstall the ignition switch fuse.
3. Shift the transmission to Park (P), turn the ignition key to OFF and remove the key from the ignition.
4. Release the parking brake.
Disabled Towing Information
To avoid vehicle damage, a platform or flatbed trailer (carrier) should be used to
transport this vehicle. Consult a Saturn retailer or professional towing service for more information regarding disabled towing.

The fuse box is located on the passenger side on the center console.
Hope this helps.
Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #6

Here is a link to the 2008 Saturn Vue owners manual. On page 4-42 you will find the Dinghy Towing instructions.

Tags
towing