Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2018, 04:59 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
When the new Taco's came out I asked the service director about them as toads. He made it plain "No Toyota's are tow-able" I'm going to assume it would void the warranty.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2018, 05:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
So get a GMC Canyon or Chevy Colorado 4WD instead of the Tacoma. I know, it's not a Toyota, but if you want to tow a 4WD automatic pick-up, that's the one that works without mods. Otherwise, pay the price for a driveline disconnect on the Tacoma.
Not quite true. Maybe true for the smaller size pickups, but both Ford F150 and Chevy Silverado 4WD automatic trans pickups are towable. Not sure about Rams. Even though there is no neutral position on the transfer case selector switch, there is a procedure in the owner's manual to shift to neutral tow. It is approved by the manufacturer.
jrwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #17

I had a DS disconnect on an 05 Tacoma. Never had any problems with getting service. BUT if you had driveline problems that could be difficult. A mfr. cannot deny you warranty due to an unrelated modification.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:33 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
I tow my 2016 Tacoma 4x4 auto with push button start. I have the drive line disconnect, RVi2 brakes and Blue Ox base plates. I bought the SMI brake kit, but couldn't find enough vacant real estate under the hood to feel comfortable installing it.

It took some research but it is doable on the push button start by disconnecting the battery after the proper sequence is followed. A charge line from the coach is also recommended. I got most of my info here:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...ith-at.434159/

Feel free to PM me if anymore detail is needed.

ELeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #19

American Coach Owners Club
Awesome! I like his "bypass" of the lock... better than yanking fuses and voodoo sequences. Good luck with yours.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:02 PM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do not know about the 4x4 but the Rear Wheel drive can be towed with the addition of a Drive Shaft Disconnect.. Some folks have had bad results with those, some good. I think the bad are install issues and it may be that installing on that vehicle is.. Not easy Do not know, do not have one.

Tags
toad