Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2018, 11:16 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
TPMS

Greetings all.

I tow a 2014 Jeep GC that has a factory tpms. I’d like to purchase a system to monitor both my coaches tires and Jeep tires. My question is if replace the current sensors from the Jeep with ones from a new system that I can monitor from the coach will my Jeep read from the pressure with different sensor? And what TPMS are RVers using today?

Thanks again
MoePo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2018, 11:27 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_1345 View Post
Greetings all.
I tow a 2014 Jeep GC that has a factory tpms. I’d like to purchase a system to monitor both my coaches tires and Jeep tires. My question is if replace the current sensors from the Jeep with ones from a new system that I can monitor from the coach will my Jeep read from the pressure with different sensor? And what TPMS are RVers using today?
Thanks again
I have been using a TST 507 system for four years and it has performed flawlessly. I upgraded to the color monitor about six month ago and like it real well. I prefer the non flow through type sensors since they are lighter and don't have a secondary valve core to leak. They are very easy to remove to add air which doesn't have to be done very often.

The sensors in your Jeep's wheels are totally independent of the add on TPMS sensor which attaches to the valve stem. They will not interfere with each other and you don't have to remove or replace the factory ones in the wheels.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:10 PM   #3

Im using tireminder TPMS and like it. It was the only one that uses Bluetooth to phone for display. I didnt want to install a dedicated screen on dash. It also alerts even if not using phone.

My tpms doesn’t interfere with my jeep factory system.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:59 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Unless you physically damage your Jeep's installed tpms, none of the add-on tpms will affected the towed vehicle's monitoring system.

Personally, I use Pressure Pro. More expensive than most, but it interfaces with my Silverleaf seamlessly.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:33 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Thank you all. This is just the info I was looking for.
MoePo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:55 PM   #6

I use the EEZ tire tpms and like it. I am with Lt Dan, I do not use the flow thru either. Do some home work and watch some videos on line, I found that to be very helpful in my decision. I do recommend a tpms of some type tho, I had a blow out on the toad and did not know it.......thats when I got the tpms.
Robf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
I have been using a TST 507 system for four years and it has performed flawlessly. I upgraded to the color monitor about six month ago and like it real well. I prefer the non flow through type sensors since they are lighter and don't have a secondary valve core to leak. They are very easy to remove to add air which doesn't have to be done very often.

The sensors in your Jeep's wheels are totally independent of the add on TPMS sensor which attaches to the valve stem. They will not interfere with each other and you don't have to remove or replace the factory ones in the wheels.
I bet that color monitor is Nice !!!!!!!
Robf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms