Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2022, 04:19 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
TPMS Save

The second time my TPMS has alerted me to a tire problem! A couple years ago it told me of a slow leak on the right inboard dual tire on the motorhome. I was able to air up at overnight stops, and have it repaired once we got home. This morning on the way home I got a RED indication with "0" PSIG on the right rear tire on the Jeep. The system has paid for itself twice!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6929.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	392.8 KB
ID:	363943   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6930.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	365.5 KB
ID:	363944  

RedT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2022, 05:58 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Outstanding. Perfect reason to monitor. Prevention is best, early warning the most realistic. Good catch for you and the TPMS both.
FloridaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 06:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedT View Post
The second time my TPMS has alerted me to a tire problem! A couple years ago it told me of a slow leak on the right inboard dual tire on the motorhome. I was able to air up at overnight stops, and have it repaired once we got home. This morning on the way home I got a RED indication with "0" PSIG on the right rear tire on the Jeep. The system has paid for itself twice!
Great! You could’ve been dragging your toad for a long time before someone would have flagged you down.
Country Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:20 AM   #4

RedT, what display are you using that provides all of the combined data sources?
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 09:21 AM   #5

It's VMSP by Silverleaf.

https://silverleafelectronics.com/?page_id=2434
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 09:50 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Smile TPMS save

Yes, I'm using SilverLeaf to display engine data and PressurePro TPMS. Silverleaf requires PC, and for navigation I use RV Life on an iPad. Am caught between two operating systems, but it works for me.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:03 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What's the data path between the TPMS and SilverLeaf interface? The website shows the vehicle I/O but nothing about other data sources. Is it just USB into the display PC?

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Mark_K5LXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 02:58 PM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
TPMS save

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_K5LXP View Post
What's the data path between the TPMS and SilverLeaf interface? The website shows the vehicle I/O but nothing about other data sources. Is it just USB into the display PC?

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
When I bought the system in 2014, the Silverleaf JIB came with a Pressure Pro J2497 to J1708 Bridge. The bridge antenna receives signals from the sensors, and integrates into the Silverleaf. I use a Double Sight 7" monitor to display the data, and (previously) used my laptop to display Street Atlas GPS.

Once Street Atlas was sold (2015), the maps became very outdated so I switched to RV Trip Wizard for trip planning and my iPad with RV Life to display the GPS. In order to continue using the PC TPMS and engine data, I purchased a Terryza mini PC.

Yea, I know that's a bit of overkill, since the mini PC is only used to display the engine and tire data, but it works for me. It was difficult cutting my ties to SA, but the more I use RVTW and RV Life, the more I like it.
Old 04-29-2022, 06:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedT View Post
When I bought the system in 2014, the Silverleaf JIB came with a Pressure Pro J2497 to J1708 Bridge. The bridge antenna receives signals from the sensors, and integrates into the Silverleaf. I use a Double Sight 7" monitor to display the data, and (previously) used my laptop to display Street Atlas GPS.

Once Street Atlas was sold (2015), the maps became very outdated so I switched to RV Trip Wizard for trip planning and my iPad with RV Life to display the GPS. In order to continue using the PC TPMS and engine data, I purchased a Terryza mini PC.

Yea, I know that's a bit of overkill, since the mini PC is only used to display the engine and tire data, but it works for me. It was difficult cutting my ties to SA, but the more I use RVTW and RV Life, the more I like it.
Well that certainly is a lot of info on the screen. I like my TireMinder once I finally got it fine tuned but it’s what you have to work with that makes our individual world go around.
Country Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 06:29 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I run Torque on an android tablet and that works out pretty well. I have searched in vain for a GPS app that is useful on a tablet. Seems every one I've tried has one or two nice features but also one or more show stoppers that nixes it for me. I know a few TPMS systems have smartphone apps and that would be one way to get the TPMS on the tablet so maybe that's the answer there, using "retail" hardware. I would have a hard time warming up to the idea of running a windoze PC and become a sysadmin and IT department just to have dash gauges, but maybe I'll poke around with that idea and see what it would take to get from here to there.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Mark_K5LXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 12:00 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_K5LXP View Post
I have searched in vain for a GPS app that is useful on a tablet. Seems every one I've tried has one or two nice features but also one or more show stoppers that nixes it for me.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
I reluctantly left Street Atlas for RVTW, and like the RV Life app on my iPad. It took me a while to get comfortable with it, but I'm satisfied.
Using the laptop was inconvenient for me, and my laptop just took up too much real estate, but I needed a PC, since the SilverLeaf program is PC.
Now all of my database functions I do on the iPad. Almost killed me to transition over to the ark side of Apple, but.....

Tags
tpms