Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2018, 03:57 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Used ACME Eze tow dolly pricing

I’ve had straps get loose but never come off. I Always stop after a few miles and take a couple more clicks on the ratchet. You can always get one or two. Perhaps the ratchet wasn’t locked in the down position ? Moving the steering wheel shouldn’t do anything unless the strap wasn’t really tight. New straps need more attention as they stretch some
I bought one to uses on the east coast this year leaving my car hauler in Indiana with family when I’m done later this year I’ll sell it. They seem to hold their value if in good shape. I bought new because the used I could get weren’t good or were almost priced as new
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2018, 03:57 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I sold mine (with surge brakes) this past summer for $1500. Paid $1929 which included a spare tire. Threw in a few extras like the wrench to tighten the straps, external towing lights, etc. It was 10 months old with about 2000 miles on it. Had a few uncomfortable experiences so now I tow 4-down.
swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:14 AM   #17

Sold mine a year ago for $1000 was about 3years old. Included 2 spares and was surge brake model. I used it for 2 years and was in good shape!
Robf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:06 AM   #18

Thanks both,

The last used one I saw for sale was over 1500$, it was 2 hours away alwo.

Tags
dolly, tow, tow dolly