Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2018, 09:12 PM   #57

mm=mammoth
i didnt have tablet on test run. i used my son in toad while i pulled it. got replacement command center yesterday and it works. have not had a chance to talk with tech support.
Telephonebil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2018, 11:58 AM   #58

**UPDATE**
After getting replacement command center, charged it up and paired it with all RVi devices. I kept all charged for the days up to leaving on my first ever toad trip. The RV packed, toad hooked up and ready to roll. The tablet does not see the command center. WT???????! Not wanting to waste much time before the 6 hour drive I leave without the ability to see my $1000 brake system work. Bummed, pissed and everything else. I leave a message at RVi. Next morning I decide to fiddle again with it. Command center battery dead. I charge it up and NOW it works. I talk to tech support and Matt tells me that once in awhile after initial setup sometimes this happens. So, jeep hooked up and ready to head home after a weeks worth in the Sierras the Rvi system worked. I could monitor the system as it braked the jeep. In fact it worked great! I love it. Only issue is the tablet does not stay charged very long. But I keep it plugged in when in use. This was my first ever toad trip and it went well otherwise. Cant wait to go again.
Telephonebil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #59

We use a couple of tablets for GPS navigation, a bluetooth speaker for the GPS voice, the RVI Hub and the RVI tablet. There is no way we would rely on battery charges for those devices.

Relying on battery charge is at the risk of forgetting to recharge the device with all the best intentions. One of the reasons we chose a PressurePro TPMS is that the monitor is hardwired to 12 volts.

We use multiple USB Power Hubs at places in the motorhome and they all are on the Inverter which is always on.

The one thing we checked with RVI is whether the Hub and the tablet could be constantly powered and found they could. This is unlike many TPMS systems that cannot be constantly powered without cooking the battery.

Only time we had a communication problem was in the beginning. We had the Hub by the passenger seat. That worked when we parked but the Hub lost communication with the Brake Unit. Move the HUB to mid coach and no problems since.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, brake assist