Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #1

The only place that I have been able to find tow vehicles for sale that can be towed 4 wheels down is on www.rvt.com. Does anyone else have any sites that list vehicles already equipped to tow? US or Canadian sites.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad to have you here on iRV2. I do not know of any specific locations for dinghies, other than the few that may show up at dealers.

Why not just find one you like and add the tow base, tow bar and braking system. You can find used towing equipment at Hitch Trader.

With an exosting dinghy you will not know how the previous owner treated it when towing or even how far it has been towed.

When we had a motorhome and a dingy, the car had 50,000 miles on the odometer from driving, and had been towed another 60,000 miles. The suspension was showing the excess mileage and it was not as tight as a car with only 50,000 miles.

We lived in Thornhill, Ontarion for 2 long and cold years...I sure do not miss the cold and snow.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Welcome RVfor4 to the best forum for rv information: My experience with a tow vehicle started with my friends' used saturn tow assembly & brackets for a cheap price($125) total price. Then came the search for a good saturn-a '95 sl1 4cyl-5spd. I was then ready to hit the road.i pulled it 2 yrs. Then i found a '00 sw2 that had a blown motor. Motor & labor $750- I could put a 12ft inflatable boat & motor in it -shut the lid and off to florida. I now am working on a'03 vue to tow. You just have to find what's comfortable for you to use. Check the posts in this area of the forum and get a lot of info as to how others faced the same things you do. Just don't get in a great hurry.Remember it's your money & decision in the end.Best of luck and keep all of us posted. Again welcome to the forum...
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club

Welcome aboard and good luck in your search.

Just food for thought!

Just to give you my experience. I just spent the last two weeks or so looking for something to replace my 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I needed to replace another vehicle that we have. And with my better half retiring this year decided to up grade the Tow vehicle we could use the one for everything. Looked at used and Program Vehicles and this was in the Jeep line. What I found were some 2008 Liberty and Commander Program Vehicles that had been part of a fleet lease with over 18,000 miles on them. It would cost me almost $18,800.00 plus sales tax. The only warranty it would have would be what was left of the 3/36. We found out that with the Chrysler employee discount, the $750.00 Rebate, $1000.00 if you use the 0% financing, $500.00 if you are in the Military or have served in any of the branches. We bought a 2009 Liberty Sport with 15 miles on it. It has all of the 3/36 and the Life Time Power-Train Warranty. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles but the standard package has quite a lot to offer. And it has one Customer Preferred Package. It was $2,300.00 more to go new. And you might be able to work a better deal you never know. It's definitely a buyer market.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:52 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
hitchtrader.com always has a few.

http://www.hitchtrader.com/Sea...?ctg=6&submit=Search

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #6

Used Toad

Bought my 2003 CRV on Craigslist. Set up for towing & included tow bar. Had the dealer check it out and everything was fine. Craiglist is all over the country, so check there.
Bitafun2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
You might consider looking right here in the classifieds section. I just put one up for sale myself that has an excali-bar hookup and wiring pre-installed. The excali-bar goes along with the deal for less that $2000.
Teknoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:38 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Where can I find used tow vehicles for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknoguy View Post
You might consider looking right here in the classifieds section. I just put one up for sale myself that has an excali-bar hookup and wiring pre-installed. The excali-bar goes along with the deal for less that $2000.

You may not have noticed but this thread is 7+ yrs. old now but I saw it so maybe it doesn't really matter. Found my toad on RVtrader in FL.

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum