Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2021, 03:20 PM   #1

06 Super C Kodiak Chevy C5500

Does anyone have installed any of the hand held programmers like Super chips, Edge or. Diablo on a chevy kodiak 5500 gas chassis RV ?
Miguelrmrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2021, 06:12 PM   #2

I installed a Brazels tuned ECM on my '05 Kodiak C5500. It is quite noticable when towing 10,000 lbs. in the hills, holds 4th and 5th gear much better than before and now the rig can run at 70-75 while towing 10,000 lbs. Downside is you have to feed the horses, so to make more power it costs you in less mpg.
Have not tried it yet not towing, but going next week to FL with just the RV, so at 62-65 it should actually get better mileage.
sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 07:40 AM   #3

Wow!, Can't believe no one else chimed in, usually fuel mileage posts get a lot of opinions.
Wanted to update my actual findings, just returned from a 2755 mile trip running just the RV, no trailer thru 7 states with various mountain grades. I hand calculate every tank. I usually run 400+ miles between fill up. I don't like to run much under a half tank, and when I took this trip it was during the east coast fuel shortage so I didn't want to go too low.
I averaged 65-70 with a fully loaded coach, full fuel and full water, this was a 3 week vacation, worst tank was 7.5 mpg, best was 10, over the entire trip actual fuel mileage was 9.0. I ran 75+ down in FL and on flat highway's. Power in the hills was noticable and downshifting was greatly reduced.
Having owned 44 motorhomes over the last 35 years, I am extremely pleased with this ECM update, and every tank was with 87 octane fuel, I told them when I purchased it that I did NOT want to have to run premium fuel.
It definitely makes a difference.
My coach is a 2005 Gulfstream Endura model 6316, started the trip with 44,000 actual miles, new tires, fresh tune-up, minimal generator operation while traveling.
sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chevy