Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #1

1976 Ford Midas need a map....

Even with the original owners manuals I cannot find where things are in this little gem I acquired. It's clear some stuff is missing but I don't know where it's supposed to be. The stove is gas but where is the tank for it supposed to be?? Fridge is electric only as it was a replacement...I know which gas tank is primary and aux... I know where the tank dumps are but shouldn't there be hoses? (Previous owner said they just dumped on the ground but that doesn't sound right... I found the fuse box...I know where the clean water goes in...there's supposed to be a water heater but I don't know where it is either. No generator but I do know where the 30 plug is and also a 20 adapter....Anyone have or had one of these that can help me figure this thing out.
OldHippie53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
look under the coach for the propane tank , for the sewage hose you can look in the rear bumper for one, but from the sounds of it there may not be one there. and the water heater should have an access door from the outside my last 2 campers had the word HOT on them. I don't have a Midas but that should help you a little.

Good luck
74 Shasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #3

I found the water heater after I fought off a wasp nest inside the compartment. Too dark to go out and check underneath for the tank but I do remember the previous owner telling me it had been safety checked last year so I knew it was there somewhere. I've also located the pump now but doesn't look like the bumper is holding anything but air...are these hoses going to be expensive (I'm guessing yes).
Thank you for helping me -- this is going to be my home for awhile--fortunately in Florida cuz I found thermostat for heater but no heater. The AC has a new motor but I think the relay switch is bad as it comes on and starts to cool but doesn't seem to be in sync with the compressor....
Baptism by fire
Old 08-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
hoses for the sewer connection are not that expensive. Camco Revolution Swivel RV Sewer Kit - Walmart.com thats one example. my heater is located under my main bed in my current MH but it also will have a vent/panel on the outside of the camper.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #5

Thank you for the Walmart link for the hose- I can do that...will get out there in a bit and see if I can locate the heater and the fuel for the stove tank--propane tanks are in short supply around here right now due to last weeks explosion at the Blue Rhino facility.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #6

I have a 77 Okanogan on a Chevy chassis. Things do go wrong after 30 years, but since most of the appliances are manual operated they can be cheaply fixed in most cases.
MUME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUME View Post
I have a 77 Okanogan on a Chevy chassis. Things do go wrong after 30 years, but since most of the appliances are manual operated they can be cheaply fixed in most cases.
Fortunately this oldies been pretty well maintained-I was presented with a notebook full of receipts and owners manuals dating back to day one. The last owner had the transmission rebuilt two years ago- fridge was replaced about a year and a half ago but is electric only - stove reportedly works but I'm gonna have everything that runs on gas checked out even though he said the tank was inspected last year.
A few years back someone switched it from 16.5 tires to 16s which makes them easier to find. Right now I'm working on the non mechanicals --painting, curtains, etc. There is a leak allowing water into the corners of the cabover which I still have to address but I have run out of money. It looks like it originates at a seam--any suggestions of the least labor intensive way yo fix that?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
If you want it to last the least labor intensive way won't be the way to go. You need to find the leak and repair it and replace what is water damaged inside. That's what I am doing now on my 1989 mallard. But when your done it will last for years.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74 Shasta View Post
If you want it to last the least labor intensive way won't be the way to go. You need to find the leak and repair it and replace what is water damaged inside. That's what I am doing now on my 1989 mallard. But when your done it will last for years.
I know where the leak is. A friend has already cut the new wood for the inside base and kilz to block the water marks left by the leak. I guess I didn't word my comment correctly--what product should I use to seal the leak on the outside that would be easiest for a 60 year old disabled woman to work with? Am I going to have to climb up there and scrape all the old seal off the seam from one end to the other?

Nobody will be using the cab over for sleeping - it's going to be a storage area.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
You could try something like this http://m.campingworld.com/shopping/i...-sealant/21208 I haven't used it myself but maybe someone else on here has.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74 Shasta View Post
You could try something like this http://m.campingworld.com/shopping/i...-sealant/21208 I haven't used it myself but maybe someone else on here has.
Sounds like the ticket!!! Price is in budget and all the reviews sounded positive.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Glad I could point you in a direction that fits the budget. Let me know how it works, I may try it myself.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #13

I like that I can put it over the caulk instead of having to scrape it off, that you can apply it to wet surface (it rains every afternoon in FL so I can't ever seem to get that spot dry) and that you can paint over it. Will let you know how it works..
Old 08-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #14

Was quite a ride to get the stuff but its here and probably get it done in a day or so...