Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #1

Question 1976 Minnie Winnie 20RG on a Dodge Chassis

Sure could use some help. I can not find where I fill my water storage tank. Also, any idea if there is an outlet with a GFCI, my plugs on the passenger side are not working and all the fuses are fine. There are no manuals available through Winnebago and I have looked everywhere on-line. I'm new to the RV world, so far I really like it.
Thanks, any info will help.
Retro Mama
retromama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #2

What a cool old motorhome. I love the old Dodge chassis. They are easy to repair. I don't know where the water fill is but, if you can see the tank you can follow the fill hose. It's gotta be right above it. I'm not sure that there will be a GFCI on a motorhome that old. Make sure there is no power on your rig and follow those wires backwards. You should find your problem.

I had a 1977 Class B. We camped our butts off in that thing and loved every minute of it. One word of caution. Those old Dodges can be a bit cold natured. When starting it cold, especially in winter, don't get in a rush and start revving the engine. Just keep at a reasonably god idle speed for a few minutes till it's warm enough to drive. Avoid funky oil additives. Just keep her serviced right. Some Dodges don't like Dextron/Mercon transmission fluid. They like ATF+4 (or 3 or whatever).

Our old 1977 had a 318ci engine. It had plenty of power and we drove it all over the place never having any issues. My wife has a Dodge van now that has a 360ci engine. Lots of good power but, a gas hog in town. Make sure you have good tires and have fun.
falconbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #3

The 76 Winnebago Minnie Winne brochure indicates that you have a pressurized fresh water system not a on demand pump.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/products...Winnie-bro.pdf

This means you have a steel tank under one of the bunks or a bench seat. Find the tank and follow the pipes to the outside fill and vent ports. Normally there are access panels under the bench seats or bunks. A pressurized system uses a 12VDC air pump to pressurize the system rather than an on demand water pump. You have to vent the pressure off the system in order to fill the tank. Only information I have ever seen for the pressurized system is in the 74 and earlier Winnebago Service Manual (Section 60-40-01). The manual is available through the store at http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.phpe

House parts reference information is available at:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/.../76wmw20rg.pdf and
http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...6/76common.pdf

For the Dodge chassis portion you need a MB300 chassis Service Manual.
dodge mb300 | eBay

The are no GFCI circuits unless someone added them. You most likely have a bad connection somewhere. AC is routed through the bins and overhead. Check for a junction box in the rear passenger side closet.

Dave
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I have a 74 minnie and have alot of the manuals let me know if you need any info. My water fill is on the left/ drivers side the tank is on the right, still trying to figure that one out.
greggholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:52 PM   #5

Thanks so much for the information. I hooked the hose up to the only place that said water and it filled the tank so apparently they both go in the same place.
retromama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis