Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2019, 01:36 AM   #1

2000 Winnie Minnie leak advice .

I have spent time and money getting my RV ready to go . I know it's old but I thought it was decent shape .I had it gone over by a local RV DEALER . After some hard rains I found a new leak . As a newbie of sorts am I at a point I should unload this puppy ? I am 68 years old and I'm not rich .
fcascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2019, 08:46 AM   #2

Go up and inspect and try to find the entry point for the water. Pay close attention to the joint that separates the cabover from the body. It's a very common area for leaks. Also check the light on top of the cabover. The plastic amber light can crack or the seal can go bad. Patch any cracked spots with Dicor sealant. Let it dry, then you can also put a strip of eternabond tape across the whole area. Eternabond tape come in different widths and lengths. Don't give up on it you can do it. Properly applied, eternabond tape is a permanent waterproof solution.
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:37 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I am in the process of repairing my 2000 minnie cab over for the second time. I did not catch the leak the first time. I discovered it was at the top where the cab over is joined to the main coach.

As i see it, all class c's leak. You need to decide if the rest of the mh is in good shape and worth keeping. If you cannot do the work....and it is not easy...might I suggest RV roof repair in Georgia. I found them on you tube, and If i cannot get mine whaterproff, that is where I am going. Watch some of their videos, they are very good at what they do, and from what I can figure, the prices are not as bad as you think.
DBecker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:39 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
My 96 Minnie had leaked back in 2012 and the previous owner took to a dealer , I have the bill... $1132 .
WOW
Reseal Roof seals
Replace AC gasket,
Replace Drawer under Refridge from water damage..

It was kept in storage and or covered til March this year.
I bought it since it had low miles and was SO clean inside, had typical delamination near fridge and opposite side where shower skylight leaked.

Any way, they used a Dicor product.. it was not a pretty seal job but it was effective, used 12 tubes on invoice.
It still had a few leaks. the front cab had sagged a little. It has entertainment center and a tiny bed. I took bed out, add ed some bracing under unit, tied it into structure and lag bolted the aluminum under channel seam to my braces. This lifted almost 1 inch and leveled cab.
I then used proflex seal on all seams. I cleaned ALL old sealant out where is was loose or crappy.

On the Roof I use white FlexSeal. Yes that TV stuff.. I painted 2 coats 6" wide on all sides and around every vent, etc..

I had previously pressure washed the entire RV with a cleaner to remove crud, mold etc.. I had one minor leak in cab over.. There was some leaking on Refridge side through delam at bottom .

After my amatuer reseal, I rewashed with a 2000psi turbo head..

NO LEAKS,,

So the hard part was CLEANING the crud/mold gunk...
Then removing any bad sealants. and reclean those spots.

Take your time..
I spent Friday after work power washing and scraping seams.
6am Saturday till 7pm.. Sealing, Chauling Etc. First coat of edges.
Sunday was fix some side seams and loose stuff. Then a final chaukling and second coat on edges and vents etc.

I have run about 3000 miles in 2 months , I tow a 16ft 7500lb trailer (oops) , so she flexes.. I travel alot of dirt roads and primative fields to camp.

I am very happy with the seal up job. I will spend another day doing touch ups before winter as it will be outdoors in the Northeast PA near the NY boarder,,
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, leak