Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2020, 05:19 PM   #1

2007 Dynamax, Charge/Controller upgrade

Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade the charge controller that is original in my 2007 Dynamax Isata 230. I have been watching a lot of videos on YouTube and come to the decision that I probably wanna go with a Progressive Dynamics model. Does anybody have any recommendations or experience in upgrading such an old coach to a modern charge controller? Is it a do it yourself project?

I don't have solar except for the 100w briefcase that I connect directly to the batteries. I'm currently running 2x 6V agm golf cart batteries, and a Xantrex 1000 inverter.

Thank you for any advice or inputs given.

John
Dynamax Isata 2007, E450, 54k miles.
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2020, 09:10 PM   #2

I had a 07 Dynamax Grand Sport. Our Xantrex Inverter/Charger quit working in the inverter mode. I also checked other manufactures but in the end replaced the system with the new version of the same. Ours was the 2000 watt version with auto gen start. We had to replace the Inverter/Charger, the AGM module and the controller. It was pretty straight forward other than fixing some of the wiring practices that Dynamax used.
Our Dynamax was a fantastic looking coach but, some of their workmanship behind the very nice woodwork was questionable.
bhammond1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:33 AM   #3

I replaced my 2006 ISATA 250 converter with a PD one, no problems, fit fine. Didn't install the supplied PD fuse board which made it a lot easier. The PD board has a LED that indicates the charging status. I kept the fuse board and plug it into the front of the PD converted as needed to check the charging status. The original converter worked fine, I changed to PD for the fast charge feature.

Tags
upgrade