Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2016, 05:20 PM   #1

2007 Gulfstream Yellowstone Weight???

We bought a 29.6 ft 2007 Gulfstream Yellowstone in Alaska a couple years ago and haven't used it much since driving it back to South Dakota. We are trying to get the motorhome which is in storage in South Dakota titled, registered and licensed in South Dakota. We are in Alberta and will be here till the 1st of July It can all be done by mail and internet but the problem is that the SD DMV requires some proof of the empty or shipping weight of the motorhome. I have contacted the manufacturer and dealers but nobody seems to have anything but the GVW and related weights. Does anyone know what this thing weighs.
Thanks for any help.
B & B
betnbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Gulf Stream put the Yellowstone body on 3 different chassis, Ford, Chevy and International, some of the Fords were E 350 or E 450. Here's a link to the brochure for the 2007 GS Yellowstone, it might contain the info you seek.

http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/towab...ature-0108.pdf

Also, you might contact Gulf Stream with you VIN, they might be able to tell you, or have someone in SD at the storage location open it up and look at the Federal sticker for the weights.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post

Gulf Stream put the Yellowstone body on 3 different chassis, Ford, Chevy and International, some of the Fords were E 350 or E 450. Here's a link to the brochure for the 2007 GS Yellowstone, it might contain the info you seek.

http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/towab...ature-0108.pdf

Also, you might contact Gulf Stream with you VIN, they might be able to tell you, or have someone in SD at the storage location open it up and look at the Federal sticker for the weights.
Thanks Bob & Donna,
The link wouldn't open but I suspect it was the brochure about the Yellowstone on the Chevy chassis that is on the Gulfstream web site. I forgot to mention that our's is the one on the Ford E450. I sent the VIN to Gulfstream and talked to someone at the company and he sent the GVW etc but no empty weight. I guess we'll have to wait till we get back there. I think the extra keys have disappeared and we have the only set left with us.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:43 AM   #4

If you can't access the MH, then you might be aout of luck. there is usually a sticker placed my mfr inside a cabinet door or similar place where it lists dry weight. The DMV can use that if they can get inside and see it. Or you can drive to a truck scale and get weighed, the DMV will use that. Unfortunately either of these requires you to be with the MH.

I am surprised that the SD DMV does not require a VIN verification since it is coming form out of state. That is usually done at same time as the registration/titling process, the DMV person goes out and verifies the VIN on vehicle matches the paperwork.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:31 AM   #5

Thanks for the input. SD does take the VIN on the application but I don't think they look to verify it. We are pretty well resigned to waiting till we get back down to that area. I guess it isn't a big deal. just one more thing to take care of before we move on from there
Thanks again and I can relate to having once thought I had a handle on life. In retrospect I think it was just my imagination at the time.
B & B

Tags
gulfstream, weight