Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2021, 09:12 AM   #1

2015-2018 Winnebago View floor issue

I have a 2015 View with soft and sagging floor. I scheduled a repair at the factory and while talking to the service tech he commented it was a common problem. He quoted me a low end estimate of $2,400 to fix it. I contacted Winnebago customer care and requested a goodwill repair as I knew a Notre member on the FB page with a 2016 had received one. I was told the would not do one and I even offered to split the cost. No deal. She said there were several factors that go into the decision which included build date, mileage, number of owners. Since Iím a second owner I suspected I was black balled from goodwill repairs.

IMHO this is a design flaw of the manufacturer. Their repair is to weld support beams under the affected area which indicates itís a structural issue. I looked at the CAD drawings and the structur appears to be the same from 2015 -2019. If you are the original owner the units have a 36 mo / 36k mile limited structure warranty. This does not transfer to second owners.

My advice is if you have one and itís still under the 36/36 warranty get it documented and fixed as I think itís only a matter of time before it happens to you.
OURSAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2021, 09:52 AM   #2

Is the "sag" encouraged through water damage? Or is the floor simply under-supported in that area?
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:41 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I have seem, soft spots in many not only that model.. my oldie and 2 buiddies that I helped fix was during a remodel,,

Issue was delam.. separation of the composite floor..
Mine and one other was from water dampness at one point its life..

the other was at the entry steps.. I think it was from the constant use of pivoting in that spot.. previous owner where bigger folks and RV was used alot.

the later repair I glued on some extra supports and used a minimal expanding foam in place of factory foam in that area to glue it all blah

In your case, good luck, seems the factory has a fix but at a cost $$$$,, nothing today is cheap as it is relative to the cost of a new unit and dealership cost of doing business etc etc...
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:40 AM   #4

Flooring

Ours is not water related. It by the coach steps and sink. Does not feel like delamination feels spongey. Factory repair is to weld in supports. Several people on the FaceBook page have had this problem. From what I can tell it is an issue from at least 2015 thru 2019. I plan on crawling under the coach and seeing if I can engineer a fix.
OURSAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 05:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OURSAG View Post
Ours is not water related. It by the coach steps and sink. Does not feel like delamination feels spongey. Factory repair is to weld in supports. Several people on the FaceBook page have had this problem. From what I can tell it is an issue from at least 2015 thru 2019. I plan on crawling under the coach and seeing if I can engineer a fix.
So they want $2400 to weld in two extra floor joists to an undamaged floor? That is outrageous.

I wonder if you could bolt-in two supports yourself. Buy material like THIS. Bolt two lengths together back to back, to make a strong "T" beam. The material is easy to work for cutting and bending mounting flanges. It is also galvanized for corrosion protection.

If you make such a "T" beam and find it "flexing" more than you want, add a 3RD FLAT PIECE in between them.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OURSAG View Post
I don't know your RV or how the floor is done but I had a soft step on the 1st step going into my new BT Cruiser and the best easy repair was I pulled back the rubber floor on the step and drilled 3 small holes one on each end and in the middle and sprayed in expanding foam and it fix the soft spot and is now almost rock hard.

Sometimes the easy repair does a good job.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:03 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackreno View Post
I don't know your RV or how the floor is done but I had a soft step on the 1st step going into my new BT Cruiser and the best easy repair was I pulled back the rubber floor on the step and drilled 3 small holes one on each end and in the middle and sprayed in expanding foam and it fix the soft spot and is now almost rock hard.

Sometimes the easy repair does a good job.
My one spot in bedroom was fixed like this, small slits in rug, holes for an injection.. LOL
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, winnebago