Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2015, 05:23 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree on the rear sway bar. My rig is on an E350 chassis and that made a big difference. The prior owner had installed bilstein shocks, steering stabilizer, and air bags. Don't know what it would have been without them, but the hellwig bar installation was a very noticeable improvement in my case.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2015, 04:28 AM   #16

Our Concord is on the E450 chassis and on the drive from Alvarado back to the ranch which was several hours away, on both interstate and small highways, the wife and I both found the unit to drive much better than our 2013 Chevy Tahoe 4x4, and equal to our Ford F250 4x4 pickups.For the trip home ,of course we were not fully loaded, but the fresh water tank was full (they filled it at the dealership). Aired the airbags to between 75 and 80lb , drove 65 to 75 mph on the trip, according to the weather on the smart phone, wind was about 15-18 mph the last half of the trip, we were on 2 lane highway at times meeting 18 wheelers and other RVs, head and cross wind ,handled Very well, Much better than the Class A we owned.. Will most likely change out the tires to a heavier ply.It has Michelins on it , but any major tire problems I have had on my past vehicles has been with the factory installed tires. They usually are not top line , and as with all our ranch vehicles , we drive on oilfield roads getting to our HQ etc, so we always put better tires on our vehicles . Since being home , I have driven it around the area on trips to the store etc, the more I drive it locally and around the area in tighter situations ,the more I like it. Much easier to get around in than our old class A (same length), also easier than driving around pulling a travel trailer,or one of the goose neck cattle trailers.
Oldest grandson starts baseball next week , and we have to travel to a few other towns for some of the games, we will be taking the Concord on those trips, also have other short and long trips planned for the next several months.. Have appt. Friday at a local dealer to get my Jeep Rubicon rigged with tow bar , brakes etc. so we can tow it behind the Concord
Only problem I have had ,turned out not to really be a problem, leveling system didn't want to work right, turned out to be the cable from the control box was loose, so I disconnected it completely for a few minutes, plugged it back in making sure it was locked into socket, it reset, no more problem.
jnr0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:14 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
2015 Coachmen Concord

Thank you all for shaing all this information. I have another rookie question with regards to the 2015 Coachmen Concord. I'm trying to read up as much as I can before picking up my unit on April 22nd. I'm reading about how important it is to follow the weight capacities on these RV's. Did you have your Coachmen Concord weighed when you picked it up? Is weighing it one of the things done when they go over the RV with you? Remember that I'm picking mine up at MHSRV in Alvarado. If you had a chance to read your owner's manual....is the weight listed on the RV in the owner's manual the correct weight? I ask this because of all the bells and whistles that the Concord has on it. I just wonder if this weight of the RV listed in the manual includes all this added stuff. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
DTPinLC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen