Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2021, 10:43 PM   #1

2016 Mini Winnie 22R 110v interior question

New RV owner, too lazy to read his manual. When dry camping and not using my generator or shore power, how do I get power to my interior 110v electrical plugs?
SantinoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2021, 06:38 AM   #2

That's easy, read the manual.
Old 09-24-2021, 11:09 AM   #3

You would need to upgrade to 4 or 6 Lithium batteries, possibly a new converter, 4, 200 watt solar panels, a 3000 watt inverter, a new charge controller. Or take it to Battler Born Batteries in Reno Nevada with about $8000 and they'll do everything for you.

Click here; https://battlebornbatteries.com/
Bobthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 11:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantinoDad View Post
New RV owner, too lazy to read his manual. When dry camping and not using my generator or shore power, how do I get power to my interior 110v electrical plugs?

Congratulations on your new MH , and welcome aboard.

As a prior post noted , to power your 110v recepticles to include your MW and AC when not connected to Shore power or generator , it will be an expensive proposition .

What I did in our 24' Class C was install a 1000w inverter and removed the single 12v house battery and replaced it with two 6v golf cart batteries.

The inverter has 2 - 110v outlets . I can power the TV , phone chargers and small electrical devices.

If I need the MW or AC , I either plug into shore power or start the generator.

Not the perfect solution , but a heck of a lot less expensive.
Bill Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 12:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gail View Post
Congratulations on your new MH , and welcome aboard.

As a prior post noted , to power your 110v recepticles to include your MW and AC when not connected to Shore power or generator , it will be an expensive proposition .

What I did in our 24' Class C was install a 1000w inverter and removed the single 12v house battery and replaced it with two 6v golf cart batteries.

The inverter has 2 - 110v outlets . I can power the TV , phone chargers and small electrical devices.

If I need the MW or AC , I either plug into shore power or start the generator.

Not the perfect solution , but a heck of a lot less expensive.
The above is close to what I do in our 24 ft. Class C: I bought a 300 watt pure sine wave inverter. I plug it's input into the cigarette lighter receptacle on the wall by the dinette. I plug a 3-outlet AC adapter into the inverter's single AC output receptacle. We plug computers, chargers, and small electrical devices directly into the 3-outlet AC adapter that's plugged into the inverter - or we can plug those items into extension cords that are plugged directly into the 3-outlet AC adapter that's plugged into the inverter. This approach is super simple ... hence easy to understand, use, keep track of, and maintain.

Our Class C's 12V system in the coach contains two large Group 31 deep cycle AGM batteries. We use the built-in generator for the MW and rooftop AC when drycamping. Also, sometimes when drycamping we idle the main engine to provide ultra-quiet air conditioning or heating for the coach from the cab systems, and battery charging from the main engine's alternator for the coach batteries.
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:41 PM   #6

Our rig came equipped similarly to what Bill Gail customized.

Our Phoenix Cruiser HERE was built with an integrated 2000 watt Tripp-Lite inverter/converter that is currently powered from two 6V-AGM batteries, previously with two 12V wet acid batteries. When the inverter is activated, every 110V outlet inside and outside is powered except for the high-power appliances like the microwave oven and roof a/c unit. We need to run the generator or have shore power to get those two working.

We'll make a pot of coffee and watch a surround-sound movie off the inverter when the next day is spent on the road such that the alternator brings them back to a full charge, or a planned 2 hour generator charge the next morning. Two hard evenings of coffee and a movie in a row, without some kind of significant recharge would be very hard on the batteries.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interior