Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2016, 11:42 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
2016 Winnebago Class C Aspect

Hello fellow RV,ers. We have have 4 previous Winnebago coaches including a 2011 Winnebago Tour. In 2016, we decided to downsize and now own a 2016 Winnebago Aspect. This AM I was off to Camping World with a number of problems. 1. The bedroom Lippert Slide is stuck 1/2 extended (drove all the way from Knoxville TN to Charlotte with it stuck out on the right side part way) 2. The Girard tankless water heater will not work. 3. The GPS/map feature will not work and 4. The transfer switch burned out at GNR and was replaced by Winnebago. My question is, what are some other success or failure stories from other Winnebago Class C owners. I am hearing horror stories about similar failures especially regarding the slides.. We love the coach and I was totally surprised regarding the slide as it was the smallest of the three....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2016, 02:04 PM   #2

I think unless Winnebago did something wrong installing any of those items you mentioned, you could have had the same issues in any other brand MH.
Mich F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:10 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2005 Winnebago Aspect 26A and have had (so far) almost zero problems. It has 84,000 miles on it. Maybe the previous owner had fixed all the issues before we got it at 50,000 miles.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:48 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
NC Rob, sorry to hear about your problems. We have a 2016 Navion and have had no serious problems. Just got home from GNR without any problems. That was our longest trip so far and we were very pleased with its performance. You didn't by any chance buy your new rig at GNR? we looked at a 2016 Aspect there and thought that it was a beauty!
Hope that things go better when these problems are solved. Lynn
Lynnowensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:33 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I read the original post, the thing that glared out at me was "off to Camping World with a number of problems."

Yikes! Unless your Camping World is an exception, I would definitely avoid Camping World's service department.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:41 AM   #6

We are on our second season in our 2008 Aspect 26A. It has been a great RV with very few minor issues. It now has 44K miles on it.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:48 AM   #7

We have an 08 Aspect 29H. No problems out of the ordinary. You get with any make RV.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:48 PM   #8

Where do I start? First off we have a 2015 Aspect ,first thing to break xm radio ( had to be rewired by Winnebago),not even a year old a/c unit broke a fan blade had to be replaced because it came off and broke apart inside,transfer switch (now 15mos old) had to be replaced was smoking!,same trip awning swtitch failed stuck out had to be manually wound in and order new switch,still same trip (this summer)mainpower box was smoking had to be replaced because the 15&30amp switches had melted,wheels on shower door replaced,lock on rear door had to be replaced,most was repaired at Winnebago service center while some under warr service people were great there but alot of it came out of our pocket because the extended warranty did not honor it! So we cancelled it!
Btswrkn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:41 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Warranty Work

I have a 2016 Winnebago Aspect that I purchased last fall. We've gone through two (2) Info Centers, a number of the outlets not working, replaced a used spare tire with a new spare tire, replaced missing Ford E450 manuals, the TV not playing through the ceiling speakers and pure static when you attempt to listen to FM through the CD player.
Recently I just repaired the shades on the driver side due to a mounting screw being stripped. And after reading stories about the Schwintek slides and knowing a Winnebago owner taking their 2015 Suncruiser back to the factory for repairs. I'm apprehensive every time I use mine.
Everyone who has been RV'ing for a while (I've been doing this since 1986 and this is RV #5) is aware quality is lacking and the manufacturers are counting the number of RVs produced, not the number of satisfied customers.
rpstephenson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago, class c