Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2017, 05:56 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
Question 2018 Greyhawk 29MV counter material?

Hello all;

I have been researching Jayco's Greyhawk Class C 29MV and have a quick question that I hope someone will be able to answer.

In earlier model years, the kitchen counter has been advertised as being solid surface. When I saw a 2016 and 2017 in person, I confirmed that.

In the specs on the Jayco site for 2018 models there is no mention of the counter materials though the 29MVP (the Prestige) does say it has a solid surface counter. I saw a video walk through by a dealer who talked about the 'wrap around' style of the counters- implying a laminate. I am wondering if Jayco is dropping the solid surface in the 29MV to help encourage people to buy the MVP...

Will someone please let me know if they have seen a 2018 in person and if they (you) can tell me what kind of counters the 2018 29MV now has?

Inquiring minds need to know! :-)

My thanks,

Lindsay
RayAndLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2017, 08:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAndLin View Post
Hello all;

I have been researching Jayco's Greyhawk Class C 29MV and have a quick question that I hope someone will be able to answer.

In earlier model years, the kitchen counter has been advertised as being solid surface. When I saw a 2016 and 2017 in person, I confirmed that.

In the specs on the Jayco site for 2018 models there is no mention of the counter materials though the 29MVP (the Prestige) does say it has a solid surface counter. I saw a video walk through by a dealer who talked about the 'wrap around' style of the counters- implying a laminate. I am wondering if Jayco is dropping the solid surface in the 29MV to help encourage people to buy the MVP...

Will someone please let me know if they have seen a 2018 in person and if they (you) can tell me what kind of counters the 2018 29MV now has?

Inquiring minds need to know! :-)

My thanks,

Lindsay
I have the 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29 MV and I love everything about it. I researched them for quite a while. Initially, I was disappointed that they dropped the solid counter tops but the bonded laminate they are using on the counter tops is beautiful and it appears it will hold up well. The interior colors are great. If you go with this coach I believe you will like it.
bladerunner4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:56 PM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Thanks so much for the info! I am glad to hear you like this model. I have been shopping for a while, too, and we are finally at the point where we can start looking for the specific model we want!

For us, the 29MV really seems to not only hit a good compromise of his wanting a truck and travel trailer and me wanting a motorhome. The layout seems alright though I have to confess I am in 'mod' planning mode...

What do you think?

Thanks again!

Lindsay
Old 07-18-2017, 08:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Thanks so much for the info! I am glad to hear you like this model. I have been shopping for a while, too, and we are finally at the point where we can start looking for the specific model we want!

For us, the 29MV really seems to not only hit a good compromise of his wanting a truck and travel trailer and me wanting a motorhome. The layout seems alright though I have to confess I am in 'mod' planning mode...

What do you think?

Thanks again!

Lindsay
"mod planning mode" what is that????
Old 07-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #5

Jayco Owners Club
Good question!

Because I am not thrilled with the booth-next-to-the-sofa layout with the location of the tv above the cab, I have been playing with modifying ("mod"s) the booth and sofa to make it a bit cozier and less strung out. That becomes "mod mode"- modification mode.

Lots of ideas out there from other folks who made their unit truly their own.

What about you?

Lindsay
Old 07-19-2017, 07:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Good question!

Because I am not thrilled with the booth-next-to-the-sofa layout with the location of the tv above the cab, I have been playing with modifying ("mod"s) the booth and sofa to make it a bit cozier and less strung out. That becomes "mod mode"- modification mode.

What about you?

Lindsay
Lindsay, we like ours just the way it is. By "Mods" I assume you would have it built to suit at the factory. Or, you could have it "moded" after your purchase, in any case that adds to the cost of the coach. For example, we purchased our 2018 RV for 65% of the MSRP. You won't get that kind of deal on a custom built coach. Good luck with your decision.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Good question!

What about you?

Lindsay
You may think about checking out the NexusRV.com website. They are factory direct and you can customize your coach to your liking to include the counter tops and the furniture. We have a 2017 Phantom 31P, which is very similar to the Jayco Greyhawk 29 MV. After much research, we narrowed it down to Jayco and Nexus. We are very happy with our Nexus. It's a beautiful coach both inside and out. Good luck with your research. It's fun!
shabti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #8

Jayco Owners Club
Shabti, We actually looked at their C and B+ this past weekend and were most impressed. However, both bedrooms and showers were a bit too snug for our preferences. We keep coming back to Jayco!

:-)

Thanks for your comments!

Lindsay
Old 07-19-2017, 05:19 PM   #9

Jayco Owners Club
Thanks for your reply, bladerunner! No, any mods I make will be aftermarket and mostly rearranging or replacing what is there.

For example, I am not a booth fan but prefer a table and chairs. That will be one mod. I am not sure about the sofa and its placement- that will have to wait until we live in it a bit but that could be the second mod. The third mod will be replacing the current TV support with a fully articulating arm...

Hmmm... SmartTile as backsplashes in kitchen and bath... (#4!)

I better stop until it is actually sitting in our drive!

:-)

Lindsay