Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2017, 11:02 AM   #1

2018 sunseeker 2290s vs 2018 minnie winnie 22m

Trying to decide between the 2 rvs. Any thoughts. The both are on the Ford chassis.
Budsmanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2017, 11:56 AM   #2

As a brand, we liked the Sunseeker best across all the Class C's we looked at from a build quality standpoint, and it did have the design/layout we liked best (for our needs). We had one minor issue addressed under warranty with no hassle from either the dealer or from Forest River. The unit is well built, feels very solid (unlike many we looked at) and there were a lot of little extras that we found over time. I think (hope) this would be the case with the upper-end Class C's. Ours is on the E450 six-speed chassis.

One piece of advice that I'd have is to buy local if you can. When services are required it's nice to be able to go back to the dealer you purchased it from. In our case the dealer is only 10-15 minutes from us. There was no price difference between our dealer and others online with the same model...they price-matched the lowest price I found online, we got a few extras tossed in and a good trade-in value for our TT. If you buy outside of your area (due either to price or the model you want not being locally available), then I would at least try to buy a brand that has a local dealer within reasonable driving distance of your home base.
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:12 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would choose the sunseeker over Minnie Winnie. I believe it looks nicer possibly better built, and should be easier on the wallet. These two models I would have a problem with sitting in the dinette always. An extra sofa or theater seats make a huge difference. The sunseeker dinette is a slide out room making your 24 foot box a little bigger which is important when parked. I do not care for the corner bed though. It is a 60 x 80 bed. I like a walk around bed like the minnie Winnie but it is 60 x 75. I am sure both are nice. Consider a little bigger model so you can have some extra room. This is very important.
Charles L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:36 AM   #4

Budsmanii I have a question for you. Is there a reason you are not considering the Forest River Forester 2291s? I too am in the process of looking for another motorhome with the 22M being one of the choices. I may be wrong but 2290s and the 2291s are the same floor plan. In my research I believe the Forester offers more than the Sunseeker???
I have been trying to decide between the Minnie Winnie 22M and the Coachmen Leprechaun 240FS. Wife likes the Coachmen because of the fireplace but I not a fan of the TPO roof.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:03 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINWIN24 View Post
Budsmanii I have a question for you. Is there a reason you are not considering the Forest River Forester 2291s? I too am in the process of looking for another motorhome with the 22M being one of the choices. I may be wrong but 2290s and the 2291s are the same floor plan. In my research I believe the Forester offers more than the Sunseeker???
I have been trying to decide between the Minnie Winnie 22M and the Coachmen Leprechaun 240FS. Wife likes the Coachmen because of the fireplace but I not a fan of the TPO roof.
Forester is the glamour edition of the Sunseeker. Both built on the same line same basic build just added cosmetic/color options. I do like the fiberglas running boards
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles L View Post
I would choose the sunseeker over Minnie Winnie. I believe it looks nicer possibly better built, and should be easier on the wallet. These two models I would have a problem with sitting in the dinette always. An extra sofa or theater seats make a huge difference. The sunseeker dinette is a slide out room making your 24 foot box a little bigger which is important when parked. I do not care for the corner bed though. It is a 60 x 80 bed. I like a walk around bed like the minnie Winnie but it is 60 x 75. I am sure both are nice. Consider a little bigger model so you can have some extra room. This is very important.
Thank you Charles for your input at this very moment I'm trying to encourage my wife that we may need a little bigger unit. She's afraid that she won't be able to drive anything much bigger in but I'm working on her. It seems the mini Winnie has a lot of extras but I too am leaning towards the Sunseeker thanks again
Old 09-28-2017, 08:47 AM   #7

Originally, we were considering those exact same models also. In the end, decided life with just a dinette booth for relaxing, watching TV, etc...just wasn't going to be comfortable. So we bumped the length up to the 25b floorplan in the Winnebago, that also has a sofa. Very happy with our decision. Really nice to stretch out on the sofa at times. And it provides another sleeping area if needed. Perhaps better resale down the road.
As far as the extra length and driving it, you will never notice the extra 3 ft.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:15 AM   #8

Thanks for your input that's what I was thinking now trying to convince my wife.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:08 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
As to convincing wife test drive a 22-25 and a 27'. I'm betting she won't see a big difference. Better before than making a BIG mistake. Didn't see your age but walk round bed for us aged, beats climbing over your partner in the middle of the night. If in budget, two slides adds so much room and gives much needed closet space.

LEN
Old 09-28-2017, 12:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-e-d View Post
Forester is the glamour edition of the Sunseeker. Both built on the same line same basic build just added cosmetic/color options. I do like the fiberglas running boards
Budsmanii, I have to apologize and agree with n-e-d. Did more research today. Looks like the only difference between the Forester and the Sunseeker is little things like running boards, color options, etc.

Unfortunately for me during my research I relooked at the Sunseeker 2500ts offered. This too is a nice camper and will be showing the wife the video walk through later.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:38 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Forrester and Sunseeker are the same exact rv just a different name. Years ago Forrester may have been an upgrade. My Sunseeker has fiberglass running boards, theater seats, dinette, 60 x 80 bed, auto levelling, 15k ac/heat pump combo, full paint, etc...

I too was looking smaller and convinced the wife to bump it up to 28 feet. Ended up with 30,4". She never knew the difference until I told her. She does not drive it anyway. More important is to find one you like and with the longer wheelbase length to minimize the long rear overhang. This probably has the larger effect on handling characteristics.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Ah but Charles you have a GTS, standard Sunseekers have no option for fiberglas running boards(except for your GTS, the MB and Transit models)they have aluminum boards, no recliners( I think the 3010 had them and maybe the MBs), and master bed mattresses sizes vary by floorplan. The heat pump and leveling system are all options that can be had on most sunseekers(but not all)
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:18 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-e-d View Post
Ah but Charles you have a GTS, standard Sunseekers have no option for fiberglas running boards(except for your GTS, the MB and Transit models)they have aluminum boards, no recliners( I think the 3010 had them and maybe the MBs), and master bed mattresses sizes vary by floorplan. The heat pump and leveling system are all options that can be had on most sunseekers(but not all)
Sorry I did not mean to sound like an expert on the matter. I was told this by several dealers that the models are basically the same. I looked at many rvs before purchasing.