Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2021, 08:21 PM   #1

2021 Jayco Seneca

Well after 12 years since my last MotorHome, pulled the trigger and bought a new Seneca Super C. After taking a maiden voyage I fixed a few items and learned a few as well that I would like to share.

1. Front cab whistling noise with speeds over 50mph was unbearable. I found plugging all the mirror screws holes with Hillman plugs and a little silicone cured the issue. We can now have a conversation in the cab going 70mph with no more whistling noise.

2. While the Cummins seamed to have plenty of power the unit did lag while trying to pass. I read and researched YouTube’s and found the performance mode on the transmission pressing the mode button once solved the issue. Transmission immediately downshifts when needed and all the power needed to safely climb a hill or pass as needed.

3. Front Mud flaps on rear wheels rubbing against tires at highway speeds. Found weld on top of mud flap bracket gave way on both sides. Bad weld. Rather than going back to dealer I fabricated new brackets and replaced flaps with Napa flaps. With about $70 in material and a Saturday afternoon, all repaired and better than new. Check your flaps as this could have turned into a mess.

Very pleased with the unit and look forward to many trips ahead.

I am sure all come up with other projects for my Seneca but would love to hear any other interesting ideas to make the unit better that others may have done.
Honorridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2021, 09:12 PM   #2

Congrats on the Super C. My dream Rv type if money were no object. We have seen quite a few on our present 6 week cruise.
Old 08-03-2021, 05:46 AM   #3

Found another repair. Steering clicks while driving. Very annoying.

Remedy. In engine compartment is a dust boot covering steering shaft. Lubricate shaft end where it contacts steering shaft so boot easily moves when turning in shaft. Problem solved.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:33 AM   #4

Good to know. I am waiting for an entegra accolade xl.
randystu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 06:35 PM   #5

Did a few more enhancements today.

1. Tinted front driver and passenger windows. Could tell heat reduction immediately. Great project.

2.Added WiFi extender from Winegard to roof. The newer all in one unit. Works great. Linked a few of the unit smart devices to it.

3. TV in living area. Added Amazon stick and linked to winegard to make it a smart tv. Again. Works great and now I can use my ATT TV subscriptions the unit. Also added LED strip light behind TV to enhance viewing. All looks real good.

4. Replaced side marker turn/running light 194 amber bulbs with led. Amazon Auxito bulbs. They are super bright.

Next project replaced remaining interior cab bulbs and turn/running lights in front with led. I am convenience to do this after replacing the 194s.

Busy Saturday but fun and easy projects.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2716.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	451.6 KB
ID:	338755
Old 08-08-2021, 07:27 AM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
Check roof vents for black and gray tanks…mine were not sealed and a vapors were getting back into the coach while traveling. Critical that vent pipe be sealed where it comes through the roof. Mine is a 2021 Jayco Seneca and none of them were sealed.
lawingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 07:29 AM   #7

Jayco Owners Club
My mud flaps did the same thing. Jayco sending me new ones and i will install, with some modifications and more screws.
Old 08-08-2021, 01:13 PM   #8

Thank you all. Will check vents.

New project today. I installed the RVAIR modification to both a/c. Reason I did was I noticed coach wasn’t staying cool no matter how low I set temp. A/c couldn’t keep up

After I installed the modification, fixed all the air outlets so that everything flowed great I noticed a huge improvement. I didn’t have the device to measure airflow before and after but I can feel the difference immediately. I also added 4th bolt to rear unit as it only had 3 installed.

I also walked through a XL unit on the lot at RVOne. I noticed they have added a cab carpet mat. I am going to call Jayco and see if available as a part.
Old 08-09-2021, 05:49 AM   #9

Jayco Owners Club
Can you be more specific about the RV Air Mod? Exactly what is it?
Old 08-10-2021, 07:17 PM   #10

Here you go. If you go to YouTube you can see a bunch of videos on installation and results

https://rvairflow.com/
Old 08-10-2021, 09:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorridge View Post
Here you go. If you go to YouTube you can see a bunch of videos on installation and results

https://rvairflow.com/
I think every influencer on Youtube received one to install in their RV. A friend just bought a Forest River trailer with ducted air and immediately pulled the grill and found all kinds of problems. After lots of taping and creating some "ramps" to redirect the air, he says the A/C works much better than before.

Charles
Old 08-15-2021, 09:21 AM   #12

Another upgrade.

Replaced the incandescent bulbs in cab door and reading lights with the following:

NAPA. BP211-2LED -N

In the wet bay, replaced the 194 bulb with the following:

NAPA. BP194LED-N

Both areas are know super bright, draw less amperage and throw no heat.

Very simple project. Snap one out and snap the other in.

Tags
jayco